Has anyone any experience of Waudbys? (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We're looking at buying a drive away awning, and think we've settled for the 2009 Movelite XL family, based on what people say about how easy the movelite awnings are to put up.
As far as I can see Waudbys are the cheapest place to buy, but I don't like using site/dealers over the internet if I've not heard of them or know anyone who has experience of them.

Does anyone know this retailer and can they recommend them?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
used them for my gaslow bottles last year. Super service and quick delivery :thumb:

I also have the movelite driveaway awning you mention. We really like it although we have never felt the need to drive away and leave it. Creates loads of extra space and what we really like is the fact it sort of feels like camping again ::bigsmile:

it errects in ten minuets (sometimes) and collapses in less, the only problem we have is fitting it back in the bag it came in, oh and our neighbours laughing when we are putting it up :ROFLMAO:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Click on the right hand side link to Johns Cross Motors and check if he sells what you want he gives a discount and is well know on this forum for being a decent guy :thumb:

Tailendcharley

Free Member
Oct 9, 2008
Funster No
:Smile::Smile:Waudby's are my local dealer....top company/absolutely no problems...am not connected with the Company,just a satisfied customer over the years...::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Regards

:roflmto::roflmto:Smithy:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Click on the right hand side link to Johns Cross Motors and check if he sells what you want he gives a discount and is well know on this forum for being a decent guy :thumb:

I did have a look, but unfortunatley he doesn't have this one listed. Its the new one with the sleeping area.

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
used them for my gaslow bottles last year. Super service and quick delivery :thumb:

I also have the movelite driveaway awning you mention. We really like it although we have never felt the need to drive away and leave it. Creates loads of extra space and what we really like is the fact it sort of feels like camping again ::bigsmile:

it errects in ten minuets (sometimes) and collapses in less, the only problem we have is fitting it back in the bag it came in, oh and our neighbours laughing when we are putting it up :ROFLMAO:

That's good to hear...will put an order in later on then.

The space is exactly what we want, but don't want to spend ages putting it up, and happy to pay a bit extra for one that pops up quickly...will only regret it and not use it if it takes too long to put up!

It's the extra space we need and to have the sleeping area too is great. It's usually just wife, son and I, which is ok but we do take nephews too (only 1 at a time!) but with 4 it gets very cramped in our little MH!
It amazing how much different one little 5-6 year can make!:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'v used 'em a few times but only in person, not online.

like everywhere else some shop staff know their stuff and some dont.
one tried to sell me a stand-alone 4amp charger to charge 2 X 110ah batteries i had just bought from them(yes...they were fully charged at purchase:Smile:)...."yes sir, a couple of hours on this and they'll be well charged", :Doh::bigsmile:ecided not to bother with that salesperson again but that was an isolated case.

all in all a very friendly dealer and staff to buy from.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
That's good to hear...will put an order in later on then.

The space is exactly what we want, but don't want to spend ages putting it up, and happy to pay a bit extra for one that pops up quickly...will only regret it and not use it if it takes too long to put up!

It's the extra space we need and to have the sleeping area too is great. It's usually just wife, son and I, which is ok but we do take nephews too (only 1 at a time!) but with 4 it gets very cramped in our little MH!
It amazing how much different one little 5-6 year can make!:Smile:

Well with ours getting older we are now forced to endure the Friends coming. We are taking a friend each to the stratford show, then one each to the americana, and a couple each to the bring and buy meet:Eeek::Eeek: as its not far from home.

I know what you mean about space, 4 kids 2 adults and a newfoundland dog does require a certain amount of you know what :thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I did have a look, but unfortunatley he doesn't have this one listed. Its the new one with the sleeping area.

Hi we should have them, maybe not on website, please give Darren a call and then you can get your Funsters discount:thumb:

Regards

Peter

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Hi we should have them, maybe not on website, please give Darren a call and then you can get your Funsters discount:thumb:

Regards

Peter

Did as you say and spoke to Darren. The awning had to be ordered as not one you held. Anyway, all staff I spoke to were very friendly and helpful, and we had the awning (along with a few other bits) delivered yesterday.
Very happy and top service...and with a discount:thumb::thumb: Cheers Peter:thumb:

Will be trying out all the new kit in a few days.....hope we get the hang of the awning!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back