Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
North West
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Good Evening

Just joined the forum based in Merseyside and we are currently looking for a motorhome after having a static then a tourer,we are a family of 4 mum dad and 2 children 6/10 , there is that many motor homes to choose from where do you start, any suggestions would be appreciated most likely up to the 15k mark

Thanks

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi from Eastbourne and :welc:
When choosing your new toy try and think how you will use it remembering that not all days are sunny and warm. This will give you an idea which layout to go for.
Happy hunting (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We made a list of all the things we wanted based on our likes and dislikes of the tourer then went along to a few large motorhome dealers and looked at loads checking out the interior layouts. Our list was built on must have's and would be nice to have's. Don't be in a rush. There's loads of advice on here. Good luck and hope to meet you at one of the rally's.

OP
OP
L

Lost In Time

Free Member
Aug 15, 2015
North West
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I think the main one is prepare for time spent in the motorhome due to weather etc so the layout for me will be key ,in our tourer we had a Lounge and bunk beds for the kids which was ok for when it was wet which in this country is like 10 months a year lol

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I think the main one is prepare for time spent in the motorhome due to weather etc so the layout for me will be key ,in our tourer we had a Lounge and bunk beds for the kids which was ok for when it was wet which in this country is like 10 months a year lol
Totally agree. The layout should be the best one for the places you visit the most. In uk because of inclement weather you can be inside more than you think. Even on warm days it can quickly chill down. But in europe we hardly use the interior space as we sit, relax and eat outdoors until time for bed.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
layout is the most important thing i believe.
we looked at a lot and even bought the wrong one.
now happy with this one.
have a good look around, sit inside for a while, with the kids. then see if it ticks the box

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome. :)

upload_2015-8-18_15-58-32.jpeg