coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
1439633797427.jpg
t
1439633797427.jpg
1439633708975.jpg
I have a swift gazelle f61 2001
when I hook up to EHU my 12v to my lights don't work unless I put it on battery ?
I have checked the fuses and all seem , I have also changed the relay which I have marked,
The only fuse I have not checked is the one marked as I can't find it ?????????
My charger in the cupboard is giving out 13.3amps so I take it it's working OK .
thanks chris

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I would say that you will need the battery switch to on as that is your 12volt supply, it won't come direct from the charger.

Martin

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Possibly wired wrong by the individual during build....never rely on a wiring diagram to be completely accurate.
Switching to battery wont harm as the battery is being charged anyway.
The relay is probably a battery isolator controlled by the battery on/off switch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi Chris
Silly question you have your 12v lights working ok without ehu?

But can turn them on/off ok on your panel, yes?

Then you plug in the ehu which will give 12v to everything that is 12v, via the electroblock, or whatever systems you have, and will also charge the batteries.

Assuming that your lights are 12v you would still have to switch the 12v on would you not?

Or are you saying you connect up and the lights go off?

Does that make sense?

As on my older van I have the choice. and I’m probably talking a load of ….:)

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
On the swift vans when on EHU the charger switches the 12v system so you do not need the batteries switch on , so you are using your charger to run all 12v system and you can charge your battery's , mine was working fine upto a couple on month's back ,

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
On the swift vans when on EHU the charger switches the 12v system so you do not need the batteries switch on , so you are using your charger to run all 12v system and you can charge your battery's , mine was working fine upto a couple on month's back ,
Sorry, just realised what you said above.

You do still need the battery switch turned on to either eng or hab, if you have the 3 way switch (engine/off/leisure), or the battery doesnt recieve a charge.

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
Yea sorry papa John ,I would switch the switch to battery to charge but with the switch in the off position it would still run the 12v system on my van.
I'm hopping that if anyone can tell me where that fuse is I find that it has blown.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I think PPJ is correct. There's no point whatsoever in separating charge / 12v services when on EHU and I cannot imagine why a manufacturer would go to the trouble of doing so. The fuse you can't find appears to serve some of the lights but not others. If you could manage a better photo of the wiring diagrams I'd be able to work out definitively how it should operate.

OP
OP
xjrchris

xjrchris

Free Member
Apr 17, 2012
bath
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
1 year
I understand what you are saying tony but i can asure you that on the swift gazelle range of motorhomes you can run your 12v lights system thought the charger. Somehow it switches over. i have checked with other vans and they are the same , i cant get a better photo but you can see it better if you google it at
swift gazelle wiring diagram and scroll down to the gazelle ,
The relay i changed is the one that stop the habitation lights working when the engine is running hope this helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back