Dusseldorf Show (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi all,

We are now booked in to Dusseldorf stellplatz for the nights of 3- 5 September. Anyone else likely to be there around the same time?

We just want to have a look at what is new in the market. Famous last words - " we have no intention of buying yet"

J

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Can't make it this year as heading to Czech Republic for a tandem (cycle) rally.

Did Dusseldorf last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, lots of vans we don't get in the UK, yes I know you are in France.

Enjoy.

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you have not done so already it is worth registering on the Caravan Salon Club and you can get discounted entry tickets BOGOF.

Martin

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi all,

We are now booked in to Dusseldorf stellplatz for the nights of 3- 5 September. Anyone else likely to be there around the same time?

We just want to have a look at what is new in the market. Famous last words - " we have no intention of buying yet"

J
You would be better staying on site at the showground, free shuttle bus to the halls, big marquee with bands playing (free) and cheap food.

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Were hoping to be there !
Down in the south of France now so it depends on the weather if we go up
We've been before and stayed on The show ground it's great !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
we plan to fisit the Salon 1st and 2nd and to stay at the salon's camping area.

Can we purchase our tickets (for salon and camping) when we get there?
I am refistered on their website but the system broke down when I tried to buy online... Might try again.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
we plan to fisit the Salon 1st and 2nd and to stay at the salon's camping area.

Can we purchase our tickets (for salon and camping) when we get there?
I am refistered on their website but the system broke down when I tried to buy online... Might try again.

You pay for camping when you are there, you pay one of the attendants each day and put the ticket on your window so your stay is flexible.

We were there last year and bought the two days entry for the price of one ticket online, you have to join the Salon "Club" first.

Martin

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
You would be better staying on site at the showground, free shuttle bus to the halls, big marquee with bands playing (free) and cheap food.

Yes, Lenny, that is where we have booked in. One of the 3500 places they reputedly have on offer. We booked tickets and parking on their web site.

Edit to say we have printed off tickets for the salon and the parking and each has the obligatory bar code for scanning on arrival.

J

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Interesting you have never been able to book camping before, hope you joined the Caravan Salon Club and got your discounts.

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
have joined salon club, staying on site, dates still to firm up.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Interesting you have never been able to book camping before, hope you joined the Caravan Salon Club and got your discounts.

Just looked at the salon "club" web site and yes from this year members. An book camping at parking P1.

800 spaces with power.

Martin

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
As we never got to see the Hymer exsis 474 model on recent visit to Hymer factory show room...Hail damaged roof apparently. ( dont know why they dont make te GRP standard) looking to go to show...was going to fly and stay in a hotel ( have stayed on site in van and in hotel previous visits) but flights timing and price expensive. so might take the van. wife back at work so will have to go alone.

have signed up for the club but fear it may be to late, previously have just turned up and its been OK? what next?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I feel a mini meet coming on:D

change of plan. Mrs M now coming as we are thinking about the last weekend. tunnel Friday - get to Dusseldorf late evening - 2 days at show (as no availability on tunnel Sunday) early Monday tunnel - drop Mrs M at work

Martin OSullivan

Free Member
Sep 7, 2013
Hornchurch Essex
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Self Built
Exp
Will probably book flights tomorrow when im more awake, does anyone know if the show is far from weeze airport?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
just got emailed Salon Club card. how do I go about booking ticket?

Oops ..just translated other email..all is revealed:)

looks like its tunnel out Friday afternoon . Saturday at show - ferry back Sunday afternoon. (Tunnel full:()

tight but a long day enough for what we want to see (Carthago and Hyner)

Tips:

wear comfortable shoes! be prepared for a lot of walking even on the camping

you can plan your route round show in advance...that way you will see whats important to you. its very confusing, as so big, easy to get distracted and waste a day looking at all the big shinny boxes..

plan why you are there, 2nd day go back and see what you fancy again then you can relax and browse around. why I say this is. overnight we completely changed our minds last time, and went back next morning to confirm our change of heart

optional - Bring a packed lunch - Germany not noted for its cuisine:D

when you buy a pale larger and notice everyone else drinking dark beer..try it you will know why!

weather has always been pretty good the 3 times we have visited..better then here!
We arrived late one night in van in a thunderstorm and joined long que outside. waited at least an hour (in fact went in for a beer in tent while waiting!lol) finally got in about midnight....Germans look after each other

Last edited:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Just looked at booking parking and electric and the electric is
€7

Booked for the camping 29-30th:) but no electric, not worth it :rolleyes:. Aim to arrive after 16.00 on the 28th (payment is 08.00 to 16.00) and do the show on the Sat and Monday, looking around the area on the Sunday. The main advantage of booking early appears to be 2 days admission for the price of one.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Booked for the camping 29-30th:) but no electric, not worth it :rolleyes:. Aim to arrive after 16.00 on the 28th (payment is 08.00 to 16.00) and do the show on the Sat and Monday, looking around the area on the Sunday. The main advantage of booking early appears to be 2 days admission for the price of one.

is it possible to view forms in English as getting a bit confused ( have always paid when there) have membership details now

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
is it possible to view forms in English as getting a bit confused ( have always paid when there) have membership details now

When I received an e-mail confirming membership there was a link which I followed and that has an English option also this should give it but you will then need to sign in:-

https://eshop.messe-duesseldorf.de/..._u_e_s_t&_ga=1.36478752.1632869852.1435047489

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
When I received an e-mail confirming membership there was a link which I followed and that has an English option also this should give it but you will then need to sign in:-

https://eshop.messe-duesseldorf.de/cgi-bin/bms_visit/custom/pub/content.cgi/CARAVAN_SALON_Düsseldorf_2015_ticket_shop.html?oid=6113&lang=2&ticket=g_u_e_s_t&_ga=1.36478752.1632869852.1435047489

thanks that works better. but when I get to end of form and select great Britain i am taken back to the beginning :(

forget that:) managed to get there. one person can buy 2 tickets cant they?

Last edited:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
i am taken back to the beginning
Are you logged in? When I follow the link from the e-mail it logs me in but just going to the link I gave does not. You will need to be logged in to buy the tickets.

I only bought one ticket but you should be able to put any number in the box.

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Considering going to this show but I don't speak a word of German how would I get on
Tomi

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Considering going to this show but I don't speak a word of German how would I get on
Tomi

fine..don't worry. will be at least one English speaker on each stand, probably more.

I'm not having much luck:( seems Hymer model we are keen on not at show..getting a little peeved off with Hymer!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back