Discover Leisure and Browhills branch closures (1 Viewer)

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
It would appear that Brownhills have closed Canterbury branch blaming the strong euro stopping people going to the Continent and pasing by the branch.

Discover Leisure have closed Wrexham, Carlisle, Herne Bay, Portsmouth, Evesham and Orpington Branches.

Peter

W

woodenspatulas

Deleted User
they claim its the down turn thats caused the closure. I couldnt see it tbh, i had 5 vans sold by the time they shut the doors this month, and i had a target of 9 for the month!!

we were just slowly working our way out of the hole that was made by previous management too :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
they claim its the down turn thats caused the closure. I couldnt see it tbh, i had 5 vans sold by the time they shut the doors this month, and i had a target of 9 for the month!!

we were just slowly working our way out of the hole that was made by previous management too :(

Much sympathy but I'm sure Peter will tell you just how much it costs to keep one of those branches open. It's not like potatoes, people will and do travel long distances to purchase a MH so I can imagine that sales will not suffer too much but overheads are dramatically cut and the rest survives. In this god forsaken country that's how it has to be.

W

woodenspatulas

Deleted User
Much sympathy but I'm sure Peter will tell you just how much it costs to keep one of those branches open. It's not like potatoes, people will and do travel long distances to purchase a MH so I can imagine that sales will not suffer too much but overheads are dramatically cut and the rest survives. In this god forsaken country that's how it has to be.

yes i think it is just the overheads thats killed it off. its a shame as i really think we were making headway against the expected "bad customer service" some people have found.

OP
OP
P

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
yes i think it is just the overheads thats killed it off. its a shame as i really think we were making headway against the expected "bad customer service" some people have found.

Well done you and its all thrown down the pan again, I am sure you are not a happy bunny having put all that effort into it and having the guts to come on an open forum like this.:thumb:

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back