Italy run.. a week of debauchery ! (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
So a few of us from this 'ere forum did a run to Lake garda area a couple of weeks ago..

The event has been covered elsewhere so I will not bore you folks other than to say as always, our German and Italian friends could not have been more welcoming, and of course the booze flowed freely all week !

Really it is to pass on my thoughts about riding the Goldwing to the event.

First off, it was remarkably easy to knock out the 4 - 500 miles a day due to the various comfort options the wing has on offer :)
At the same time it was not exactly a slouch, and although it seemed at times to be as wide as the Smart car, filtering ( and by god we did a LOT of it ) was never too difficult

Who ever fitted all the extra bling on the bike did not make a great job of it though.
By the time we got to Mori ( a couple of miles west of Riva Del Garda ) , the bike had completely lost three led light strips, and one of the 'ring of fire' front disk covers had gone out as well as one of the reflective fitments trying a bid for freedom.. Fortunately it failed !

The bike averaged 42mpg for the whole trip, so not too bad all in all.

I had intended to do the trip and then sell it and return to BMW GS ownership, but in all honesty I am now in a real quandary as the bike performed well, and apart from not wishing to do the mountain trails ( looking back, a lack of confidence in me rather than the bike ) it was a very enjoyable experience

I bought it around April time and now have about 8000 miles under my belt on it..
As said, apart from poorly fitted bling no major issue has raised its head.
The only minor niggle ( and again not the fault of the bike as such ) is a plug that connects the display control buttons becomes detached.. The retaining clip has been broken off by a previous owner.. As it only parts company about every 4000 miles or so, the issue is not exactly pressing and when I get two minutes ( or am bored .. or can be bothered ! ) I will slip a small cable tie round it to keep it in place
I am currently uploading a vid of one of the runs we did with the club there

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
All a bit boring truth be told and the camera was a bit wonky, but just look at the glorious weather and the scenery !

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllllllllllllllllllllll.. I cannot I am afraid..too much detail and I will get myself in SOOOO much trouble !!

I will say it involved me singing in Italian at the request of a gorgeous woman !

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
And wasn't someone else arrested?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Now now what happens on tour stays on tour and theres no proof I was ever arrested.

Rain pffhhhtt bit of drizzle on the way to Folkestone.

Wellllll.. apart from the photo of course !

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
Earlier on this year we were travelling between Albecete and Madrid on the A31 when we were overtaken by about 20+ Honda Gold Wings I believe (the ones which look like an armchair on two wheels). They were fabulous to watch as they glided past. It was enough to bring a tear to your eyes. When driven well they really are a delight.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Another Wing convert, eh John?(y)
Still remains to be seen mate :)
It does what is does extremely well.. But I will admit I do miss riding like a twat and scrapping various appendages !
The knee sliders are now gathering dust,,, Of course the up side is I aint gotta buy new sliders twice a year any more ( cos they were starting to get expensive !!! )

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Glad you are enjoying owner ship of the much maligned Wing,in my time of owning four,I quickly realised that less was more and never having a new one except the first,1200 Aspencade which I first viewed in the crate and blinged slightly myself,never could stand the silence so Cobra pipes were quickly ordered,well I had spent 30 years on sportsbikes,sorry.Anyway found with the next 3 one I kept standard as I bought it,stayed that way.
The other two blinged by previous owners had various appendages that fell off with regularity,flashy flashy LED's failed so my last a black 1800 stayed as it was,except for lots of panels replaced with plastic chrome ones,well one has to,doesn't one!!Enjoy it while you are young and strong enough to hold it up,I did,really did.
Sorry off for some debauchery,whatever that is,oh I remember!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Earlier on this year we were travelling between Albecete and Madrid on the A31 when we were overtaken by about 20+ Honda Gold Wings I believe (the ones which look like an armchair on two wheels). They were fabulous to watch as they glided past. It was enough to bring a tear to your eyes. When driven well they really are a delight.

Pussies bikes:)

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I think it was when I decided I was fed up sitting behind two lorries that were taking up both lanes on an autobahn that the other lads decided I was a bit of a nutter..
Just shot between them and buggered off !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back