Portugal and North West Spain (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Has anyone done the above in September and October.!
We visited Portugal this April and enjoyed it so much I'm planning to go back next year for 8 weeks to explore more of the middle and North of the country and possibly North West spain depending on the recommendations from other Funsters who have done this. Fairly sure weather will be good this time of year with plenty of spaces on Aires/stop overs etc., so just need a heads up on must see places.
Thanks in advance.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes done it several times . oct can be a bit blowy and wet . ships get carried on to the rocks sometimes there was a big one early 2000,s made a mess . but its a great area . i love that coast. but inland is great. go slow hug the coast .
one of our favourites is arou almost on the top left of spain .
another is cabo udra near beluso just below pontevedra .
best map i found is mapamax spain and portugal buy on amazon . got lots of the little coves and beaches marked on it .
have a good one . you will you have to if you take your time on that coast believe me its fantastic .

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I visited Portugal in April as well, loved it also ;), plans are to do roughly same as you but after Maroc, Make way back May/June time also have a stop at the Picos so will keep looking here.
Hope your both well
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I visited Portugal in April as well, loved it also ;), plans are to do roughly same as you but after Maroc, Make way back May/June time also have a stop at the Picos so will keep looking here.
Hope your both well
Dave
thats what we used to do ever year . after maroc in march head up portugal and do galicia . its fantastic .
the last few years havnt done maroc . tried doing portugal 6 weeks earlier . bad move rain all the time . but march april may lovely . but really i mean it hug the coast . loads of great placea . few forest tracks to use . get the mapamax map book its worth it .
there are so many nice places along that coast .
mind i like asturia and cantarbria as well.
i could write a book of little nice places in lots of places but wont .
just go slow find your places .
we also use tracks below seville its all possible we go through with trucks , motor homes will go through as well. its all possible adventure is only a drive away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hope your both well
Dave
Hi Dave, yes were fine. Hope to see you at Shell Island.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Hi Dave, yes were fine. Hope to see you at Shell Island.
Alas it seems unlikely again due to work, I shall be there after most have gone as its my long weekend 11/12/13/14 :-(

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We planned to go there last September but the weather was very bad so we went south instead! You might be luckier but have a Plan B ready. :)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Alas it seems unlikely again due to work, I shall be there after most have gone as its my long weekend 11/12/13/14 :-(
When we met at Pedro's I thought you said you'd retired.
Trust all is well
May be bump into you again next year
We might also go back to Morocco and then do Spain and Porugal again .
(Ooops! Sorry to hi jack the thread)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back