Personalised Flagpole Flags Made To Order? (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Has anyone found a company that can make/print flags to order? Would like one of our own design for our flagpole so we are easy to find at large rallies but having trawled the web haven't found anything that looks suitable :( Have any of you already done this?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I remember looking into this for another club a few years back. the flag makers (printers) wanted a minimum order of I believe 20. To become cost effective you need to have the screen made and order in large batches
In the end a seamstress made up a couple the old fashioned way, but that was a labour of love. too much work to be economical

If you wanted a standard flag personalised, then that would be a simple matter of using fabric paint or fabric pens as used on tee shirts to add text etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Designs flag.co.uk do them but they cost upwards of £45 depending on what you want on them.

Why not make your own like @TheBig1 suggests or buy a std design and personalise it?

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Try northern flags
Northern Flags
www.northernflags.com/
Here at Northern Flags we've been flag manufacturers for over 25 years and are part of Europe's largest printed fabrics supplier Faber Vlaggen. Whether you ...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you for the suggestions so far :) We aren't arty enough to do a good diy version especially as we want a Womble image :eek:& probably too expensive to have just one or two made to a bespoke design but as printing technology has come along a bit thought it might be viable...

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thank you for the suggestions so far :) We aren't arty enough to do a good diy version especially as we want a Womble image :eek:& probably too expensive to have just one or two made to a bespoke design but as printing technology has come along a bit thought it might be viable...

Not sure if there'd be copyright issues if you used a Womble?
Just something to check.many years ago my husband was threatened with legal action for an image he put into an advert he designed.

Might be possible to make your own using images off Internet onto transfer paper and then onto plain fabric.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
vinyl banner printing is comparatively quick & cheap, but for a flag to be able to fly, it needs to be light. thats why they screen print them on fabric

if you are not talented at drawing, find somebody else that is. have seen some really nice bits of art done by my daughter's friends. if it was me, I would ask one of them to draw something simple but unique for me

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not sure if there'd be copyright issues if you used a Womble?
Just something to check.many years ago my husband was threatened with legal action for an image he put into an advert he designed.

Might be possible to make your own using images off Internet onto transfer paper and then onto plain fabric.
this just reminded me, my late sister was into card making and crafts and used a light box and traced images. technically not too difficult

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Might I suggest this could be Robert's next project.
  1. Design motif (using college facilities)
  2. Acquire the necessary accomplices who have the resources to help produce flags
  3. Print design (using said accomplices)
  4. Feed beer to accomplices until sufficient flags are produced
  5. Dispatch finished articles to parents.
  6. Total up browny points to manipulate parents into letting Robert go (with said accomplices) to Amsterdam for a long weekend.;)

What could be easier?:LOL:

Great to meet you at BIBF last weekend.(y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Had a look at Northern Flags website (thank you @signworks ) & looks like they can digitally print detailed images on light fabrics as well as screen print so have sent them an email to see what is possible at what cost:unsure:
Will post any replies on here.
Our son is arty but has too much going on at the moment so I can imagine what his reponse would be if we asked him! Being a teenager he already thinks the whole Womble forum name idea is crazy :(
Have thought that there might be copyright issues but not for resale or advertising just personal item so thought that might be ok...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@Taran_Las - better not let him see that or he might get ideas! Amsterdam :eek:
Lovely to meet you too - you make a mean cup of tea (y)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
@Wombles - why not try suggesting to your son that this would be a much appreciated Christmas present. That way it will cost him little other than time!

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Get to grips with a sewing machine and a few yards of ripstop nylon. I made all the banners for the kite flying team I flew with. Several meters long. Never used a sewing machine before, now I'm better using it than the wife.

Ooh...and I sew all the sequins on my dresses too!!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
@Taran_Las - better not let him see that or he might get ideas! Amsterdam :eek:
Lovely to meet you too - you make a mean cup of tea (y)

Didn't offer me a cup of tea, so I agree with your description of 'mean'.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hello I have used this firm in the past( sorry I dont know how to do a link )info@flagsoftheworldshop.co.uk or www.FlagsOfThe WorldShop.co.uk they are based in Lancashire and the owners name is Alan. They carry a large stock and may be able to help in your search .(y)

DJK

Free Member
Jul 29, 2015
Bury Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E645
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I had some made in China for our car club costing £35 each about 3 years ago, no one in the UK could touch them on price. Very good quality
Try Jane on
jane@chinashcflag.com
If you want to ring me 07592861381
When you mail her please mention Spartan Owners Club

Attachments

• Lytham St Annes.jpg
    Lytham St Annes.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 16

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun