LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We normally trade at this event Link Removed, but are going as punters this year. If anyone fancies joining us and making it an extra 'fun' weekend. 24th-29th June, 2009. You may be able to get in earlier if you ask.

The price is £40.00, this includes entrance to view all the off-road activities being held over the weekend and entertainment in the evenings in the marquee.

There is no electric, but there is a dump point and water and not forgetting hard standing, generators can be used anytime respectfully. Camping space - unlimited.

Manby is close to the seaside resorts of Mablethorpe and Skegness.

Booking can be made direct and tell them you are with Motorhome Fun (Nigel and Pamala Walker) you may even get a discount, please confirm with us if you book so that we can add you to the list.

Just a thought, if you are interested in 5vers, Niche Marketing is just next door.

Nigel and Pamala

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
I am going to be there too. Only i will be kind of working. I run the 'mud-run' for the duration of the show. Big hole full of mud and the aim is to get through using a 4x4, except after 9pm in which case, anything goes. Last year we even had a naked runner!!
See you there

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi we are already booked in with Buyer ( Steve and Rosemary ) so we look forward to seeing there.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The naked mudrunner was a guy and he won the cash prize for the most entertaining run of the day, (we give the prize on Sat. & Sun. there are NO RULES for the run so it can be a moped, skateboard, pushbike, surfboard or whatever, even just running) I forgot it could be in a 4X4!!!!!!! I think a naked lady would be red hot favourite this year!!!!!!!!!!!! there was one (or was it more??) at a mud run that Cheyne ran a few years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!::bigsmile:, the mud run will run well after dark and, should be a lively meeting spot after the "watershed"
Lets hope for some decent weather this year:thumb::thumb::thumb:
See you there????
Nigel

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Pencil us in for this one guys, I won't know for a couple of weeks, but it sounds fun and we are Lanny fans::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
It would be good to chill-out at Manby Jim, we intend to watch some of the 4X4 activity but will spend as much time as possible just watching the action in the mud run and sitting around talking (and maybe emptying some bottles !!) We have nothing to do but help to judge the most entertaining run through the mud.
There is loads of hardstanding so you don't have to worry about mud in your van IF it does get wet !!
Nigel and Pamala

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Nigel & Pamala,

We'll still be in the West Country area on that weekend, so won't be able to make it this year either. :Sad:
Regards,

Jock & Rita.

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
I think a naked lady would be red hot favourite this year!!!!!!!!!!!! there was one (or was it more??) at a mud run that Cheyne ran a few years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!::bigsmile:, .............................................See you there????
Nigel

Well, the thought of seeing some red hot naked ladies running through the mud is very tempting Nigel but sadly I won't be able to make those days, (I'll still be awaiting my 'van) but there's always next year and it's not too far from my Suffolk base.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Nigel and Pamala
This sounds right up our street, Unfortunatly though I do not think we will be able to make it due to that thing called work. However I will see. If im off the weekend then we will come.
If not, is there any similar events? and can you hitch a ride in the vechiles around te circuit or is it all about spectating?
or do i need to go and buy a quad bike?

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Paul
there is nothing official that I know of, but there are always people happy to take passengers around the general off-road course, the "comp-safari" course is quite different as it is real racing and things do go wrong !!!
Nigel & Pamala

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We are now preparing our rig to leave on Wednesday.

Anyone else interested in this really action-packed off-road weekend? £40.00 to stay from Wednesday to Monday including entrance. There are trade stands, bar and evening entertainment. No EHU though, but no problem with running gennies. Hardstanding also available.

Very close to seaside resorts as well, Niche Marketing are also next door should anyone be interested in looking at the fifth wheels they sell.

If you book up please mention that you are with Motorhome Fun.

Hope to see more there.

Nigel and Pamala

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We will be there, not trading this year though. Upmarket Hippy and Stigofthedump are also going to be there, they are involved in running the mud run, I believe they will also have other MHF members with them, not sure who, as they have been out of 'phone/internet reach since last Thursday.

It would be nice if a few more were to join us.

You mentioned you were booked in with someone else, was it a trader? We might know them. Are you still be attending??

We feel it would be a nice meet for newbies, as the gathering will be small and will enable them to mix more comfortably.

We will be in our Dodge and Fifth Wheel, if you want to look us up. There should be a Dodge Flag, Land Rover Flag and Union Jack and not forgetting the MHF Pennant on our flag pole. Don't know if the wind will give us a problem with all of those, but we will see.

Nigel and Pamala

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Hi Nigel, we will arrive Friday arround teatime. I am coming with Steve (Buyer) he is a member on here. I will have a ride round Friday and find you.

See you Friday Andy

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
The show was a massive success
It was dry ALL WEEKEND and very hot on Sunday, this show gets bigger and better each year.
As most of you will be aware upmarkethippy and us are very involved with the mud run, it needed a bit of "mixing" on Sat. but was brilliant Sat. pm and perfect on Sun. after the fire engine added several loads of water !!!!!!!! We will look at our film and photos and pick out something to share with you.
We decided not to put our old Dodge through the stress of the drag strip !!!!!!!!!
Nigel & Pamala

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
We had a excellent weekend, and really enjoyed the mud run. I admired the Redbull Landrover for sheer determanation at getting through the mud.

Andy

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Andy
We missed you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should have come to the 5er and said hello.
You must have seen me at the mud run, I was filming it most of the time, (some of it from the 5er's roof !)
Nigel
We gave the prize for the most entertaining run to the "Red bull" land Rover on Sat.
On Sun. we gave it to Andy in the "2 stroke Range Rover"

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back