Visiting Cornwall ideas please (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
Hello all
We shall be in Cornwall from 13th to 27th September. Have to be at Truro County court on the 17th. Some pain owes me money who lives there. I have to come all the way from west Cork. So we thought we would make a holiday of it. Any suggestion on where to stay visit etc. would be nice.

Thanks Richard & Mo

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Port issac is beautifully , there are lots of places to visit in Cornwall ,Polperro for the smuggling museum ,st Ives and more:)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just found out one of my old neighbours has bought a bar and grill in Torquay ( The New Shark Bar and Grill ).. So will be making a beeline for that !

If you do go there, ask for Aidy, tell him you are good friends of John and Maureen from Ash Close, and that you know his mum, Sheena ;)
massive discounts available !! LOL !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
Gwithian Farm near St Ives is a lovely site a few hundred yards from the beach and a pub at the end of the drive.

http://gwithianfarm.co.uk/

Might just have to give this a try, we're down there in September also (y):):)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
If your a member of C&CC there are a couple of holiday Temporary holiday sites in Cornwall around that time, they are on full facility sites I think so hookup may be available. Need to book though as they are popular.

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Anywhere around Godrevy is lovely.
If taking your MoHo do not try and drive down into St Issac. Plently of parking at the top and walk down.
If you like BBQs then I recommend this Cornish delicacy. Hogs Pudding. You can get it from the Post office in Blackwater, just off the A30 at the St Agnes/Truro roundabout. There had better be some left when I pop in next time though! For pasties go to the Truro market on Saturday and go to the bread stall. Best pasties ever, just like my Grans. As a Cornishman I should know what's good.
Most of all enjoy being an Emmett for a few days..

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Best Hogs Pudding EVER! and he has several bits of silver on his mantel piece to prove it, is from the butcher in White River Place St Austell(y)(y)
The one from Blackwater, has, like a lot of them on sale in Cornwall, a shade too much Rosemary in it . And the one for sale in Trago (Liskard) is really yuk-e-poo:(

However this is between you and me only, don't tell anyone, none of the Emmets mind you! They'll like it that much the b**gers won't go home:cool:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The Minack Theatre on the cliff just above Porthcurno is a must see place.
Carved out of the cliff by a woman (she started in the 1930s)
Great if you can be there when they put on a "do" (take a cushion the seats are solid rock) We saw "Mid-summers Nights Dream" there

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Devon I'm afraid ..... Foreign territory
If taking your MoHo do not try and drive down into St Issac
ditto St Ives - big car park at the top & either walk or bus down (car park has a brilliant gym & pool)
The Minack Theatre ... Great if you can be there when they put on a "do"
seconded! I can't remember what we saw there, I just remember that at some very serious point the actors were somewhat perturbed by the audience all laughing; what they couldn't see but we could was a bloke in his swimmers climbing up out of the sea & appearing over the rocks behind the back of the stage.
Take sunglasses, a brolly & a blanket as well as a cushion, just in case!

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Oh don't we know it! "You must be nearly home now"; "Not far is it?"; "Can you just nip up to Bristol to pick up xxx?"
Yeah right!

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Mother Ivy's Bay near Padstow is very nice. Great location on its own beach and good for walks. Located outside Padstow which is very nice.
Godrevy (CC site) at Hayle is also a nice site but very windy - so bear it in mind if using your awning canopy. It's a short walk to a good beach and is on the bus route for Newquay & St Ives.
And finally, Menehay Farm at Falmouth is lovely. Based on a working farm and it's the closest site to Falmouth where there's lots of shops, pubs & restaurants and plenty to see too.
Fingers crossed for sone decent weather for you wherever you choose to stay!

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Our favourite is Doubletrees Farm in St Blazey Gate near St Austell. Fab site with great facilities - cheap too! Bus stop outside the gate for St Austell and Newquay and The Eden Project. A couple of hundred yards away is a bus stop to Fowey, St Austell and Mevagissey, Great place to explore from. We have trips on the train from St Austell or Par to Penzance, St Ives and Fowey. Free wi-fi in reception. Lovely family run site. Second home for us! :)

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Best Hogs Pudding EVER! and he has several bits of silver on his mantel piece to prove it,

Hi Rangitira.
Will venture there on our next trip home, thanks for the tip.
Meur ras, Treabar nessa.
Nik

Last edited:

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
For a day on the beach portluney is hard to beat.Good parking, and a nice cafe right next to the beach.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back