One or Two Warning Triangles for Europe ? (1 Viewer)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Two - yes and yes plus many other things depending on which country you are in

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
GB sticker.....no, if your number plate has the GB emblem on the left hand side, otherwise yes.
Triangles......only one required for non nationals
Beam deflectors are compulsory unless your beam dips straight up and down....or you get away without them.
Are you going to drive after dark, which may not be until late evening anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
It depends on what countries you visit - some require two and I would always have two anyway.

Beam deflectors are required when driving at night - I haven't used them over the last three years as I aim to be onsite before dusk. I do, however, have them available if required. I'm not sure whether I am legally allowed to drive without having them if I am not dazzling other drivers. Many countries do require headlights to be on all of the time so don't risk driving after dusk without them.

GB plates are required unless your number plate has GB on it.

Upvote 0

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Is it one or two triangles for Europe ? - I think the answer is yes, we carry 2 out of habit

Are beam deflectors necessary ? - Waste of money - are your driving at night!!!!

And is the GB sticker mandatory ? - I would have thought so, but I drive a Spanish MH currectly in UK and do not display a ES sticker!!!

Then there is spare bulbs, yellow vest for each passenger, spare glasses if you wear them, the list goes on and on and on..................

Thanks,.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You can get defectors at any motoring place, halfords , fuel stations , ferry , almost anywhere, I put some on , the first time over and never taken them off, passed two mots since.
And there is at least one country, don't know which that requires a gb sticker even if it is on your number plate, but all these things are so little money it's not worth not having them all(y)

Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Suggest you refer to the attached document from the AA which show clearly what is required on foreign travel. Like a lot of things some people feel if they have not been stopped in the past it is not required now - rules change every year . It clearly show GB sticker is compulsory unless included in the number plate. It clearly shows deflectors are required regardless of what time of day you drive and for the record I have been checked on the quayside for fitment by the Gendarme. Even in Spain where they do say foreign nationals only need to carry one warning triangle incidents of on the spot fine by local plod have been imposed so they recommend carrying 2

Attachments

• compulsory_equipment.pdf
    43.3 KB · Views: 32
Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
2 triangles for Spain other 1, but some counties 2 is advisory only. If traveling through any non EU country (Switzerland) you need a GB sticker regardless of number plate type. France you should have speed stickers on the back if over 3500kg, although the French don't seem to bother.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I played safe and ordered 2 triangles..

Is there any requirement for where the GB sticker has to go ?

I have ordered

2 Triangles
1 X GB sticker
Beam deflectors
2X Hi Vis vests
1 breathalyzer device with 5 tubes
1 full set of spare bulbs
1 First Aid kit

Are there any more requirements for the van ?

Thanks !

Upvote 0

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I would put the GB sticker on the passenger side of your mh so that it is more obvious to those driving behind you on the continent.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If you wear glasses, some countries (Spain) you need to have a spare pair with you, if you are driving......
If you wear glasses regardless of a 'requirement' to have a second pair it makes good sense ... if you break them you'd be totally scuppered with just the one pair!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
If you wear glasses, some countries (Spain) you need to have a spare pair with you, if you are driving......
I have two pairs in the van. One normal pair and one prescription sunglasses pair. It was on my mind to add another pair from out of my car . I only wear glasses for driving .
Must go right now and make a note !

Thanks for the reminder !

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Charlie, don't keep worrying about stuff, just go and enjoy, you will be surprised how simple it all is and if you haven't got something , they sell them in France as well, from all the posts , I think you have more than got it covered(y)(y):)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Charlie, don't keep worrying about stuff, just go and enjoy, you will be surprised how simple it all is and if you haven't got something , they sell them in France as well, from all the posts , I think you have more than got it covered(y)(y):)

I know mate... It's just me being pedantic but the glasses reminder is golden as although I had briefly thought about it I would very likely have forgot them.
I have made a note in my study to make sure I put a spare pair in the van..

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I know mate... It's just me being pedantic but the glasses reminder is golden as although I had briefly thought about it I would very likely have forgot them.
I have made a note in my study to make sure I put a spare pair in the van..
Must admit you've got me on this one, only use reading glasses and only pound land ones at that but usually take about 6 pairs:doh::RollEyes:

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I have a gb sticker and beam deflectors. They've been in the glove box of the car, then I moved them to the transit glove box and now they are in the Renault glove box.. no doubt one day I will remember to put them on some vehicle or other..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Must admit you've got me on this one, only use reading glasses and only pound land ones at that but usually take about 6 pairs:doh::RollEyes:

Mmmmm . I wear glasses only for distance. Driving without them is not only uncomfortable but if I was involved in an RTC I would maybe fail the vision test.. Don't want to end up in a Bastille. See what I did there ? French that is

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I have a gb sticker and beam deflectors. They've been in the glove box of the car, then I moved them to the transit glove box and now they are in the Renault glove box.. no doubt one day I will remember to put them on some vehicle or other..

Yeh but don't come moaning when Johny Darm locks you up....

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back