Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
any one know if you are covered by insurance whilst on a temporary camping field at a show IE hitting another vehicle cant find any thing in my ins schedule but you know what the insurance companies are like:cry:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I think you will find that as it is a public event it comes under the normal road traffic rules.

Andy

45eEver

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
Family Guy, I suggest you check with your insurance company.
In writing, verbal confirmations are only worth the paper they are written on.

As far as I know, you are covered off road; except air-side at an airfield.
A shunt at a show is much the same as scraping a visitors vehicle in your front drive.

Normally, if you are part of the show, they insist on a hefty whack of public liability cover.
I suggest you ask your insurance company about that if you are unsure.
In writing.
As far as I know, you will have the public liabilty if you have cover for roads.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
any one know if you are covered by insurance whilst on a temporary camping field at a show IE hitting another vehicle cant find any thing in my ins schedule but you know what the insurance companies are like:cry:
Interesting question. Its something most of us never think about........until it actually happens. I'm sure all will be curious as to the outcome of your situation.

To use a similar example though not identical to your situation, vehicles parked on my employers carpark are not covered by insurance......only if they get nicked and taken off the carpark on to the road will the insurance then pay up. If an employees vehicle gets damaged on the carpark, my employers insurance simply couldn't give a fig. The owner has to foot the bill.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Eddie your a scouser, Of course it's covered :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun