Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
:Smile:Chris and I have just completed our second motor home exchange to N.Z. and had a terrific time! We borrowed a 'van there for 2 months and the New Zealanders are here now borrowing ours and heading for Eire at this moment.
It all went very well and we saw wonderful sights and met wonderful people.
We called in at Singapore and Sydney on the way out and came back by Rarotonga in The Cook Islands where we rented a hut by the beack for a week before flying to L.A. to collect a hire car for 2 weeks touring in Arizona. Magic!! We would be pleased to give some advice, as far as we can to anyone else contemplating a trip like this and would recommend that you try this.
Happy travelling!
Derek and Chris (Freestyle)

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
great stuff ::bigsmile:

all the locations you mention are on my list sometime :)

I have a brother and a friend in NZ.... I may use a bike (and a tent) to tour the islands ... will see when I get there..

I did Arizona a few years ago, so that's one off the list

John

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
:Smile:Chris and I have just completed our second motor home exchange to N.Z. and had a terrific time! We borrowed a 'van there for 2 months and the New Zealanders are here now borrowing ours and heading for Eire at this moment.
We called in at Singapore and Sydney on the way out and came back by Rarotonga in The Cook Islands where we rented a hut by the beack for a week before flying to L.A. to collect a hire car for 2 weeks touring in Arizona. Magic!! We would be pleased to give some advice, as far as we can to anyone else contemplating a trip like this and would recommend that you try this.
Happy travelling!
Derek and Chris (Freestyle)

Hi
Did you use a website to arrange the swap ?We are looking in to this idea but if no luck in finding a swopper then maybee temporarily export ours for a 6 month tour.
thanks

Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Freestyle

Freestyle

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
New Zealand Swap

All the camp sites out there have kitchens, t.v. rooms and most have huts you can rent by the night so you don't need a motor home really but it gives more freedom to enjoy DOC sites etc.
I contacted a N.Z. motorhome mag. and they put the details in the mag. Had about 5 replies!
:thumb:

May 1, 2009
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
where can we get info to swap ?

Happy travelling!
Derek and Chris (Freestyle)[/QUOTE

there must be a market for swaps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back