Free Member
Aug 7, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we are in Prague and need to fill our gas cylinder with propane unfortunately we have a different connection to the one they use our bottle is from Sweden any suggestions

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
An awful lot of garages that sell propane keep a selection of connectors to hand.
I would ask one of them :)

OP
OP
K

Kay Buchanan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
The one we have isn't the one they use here in Prague. we brought the van in Sweden & haven't been able to exchange the gas bottle in Norway, Estonia Latvia Lithuania Poland & now Czech Republic. We did manage to find someone who filled our bottles in Poland but have now run out. We are beginning to wonder whether we will be able to exchange it anywhere we plan to go to Croatia, Italy, Austria, Spain, France & it is a real pain!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The one we have isn't the one they use here in Prague. we brought the van in Sweden & haven't been able to exchange the gas bottle in Norway, Estonia Latvia Lithuania Poland & now Czech Republic. We did manage to find someone who filled our bottles in Poland but have now run out. We are beginning to wonder whether we will be able to exchange it anywhere we plan to go to Croatia, Italy, Austria, Spain, France & it is a real pain!
You are not talking about refillable bottles then. If you have a bulk head regulator you should be able to buy pigtails to suit any bottle, for safety reasons it is not a good idea to re-fill non-refillable bottles (also illegal). Other option is if you have a bottle top regulator you can get adaptors to allow different bottles to be fitted. Whichever way you do it you would have to buy new bottles in each country, generally you can not exchange bottles across borders.
If you are always traverling through diffent countries why not fit re-fillable bottles makes life much easier. Stako & Gaslow are both made in Poland (same factory) so should be able to pick them up cheap where you are or by nipping across a border.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry.. I misunderstood too.
A regulator and bottle is not too expensive but given you are travelling around so many different countries that statement could well end up being optimistic in the extreme
Sorry to say I cannot offer any more advise than has already been offered.

OP
OP
K

Kay Buchanan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Is it possible to get refillable gas bottles installed anywhere other than UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Any Motorhome dealer or any one who supplies the bottles should be able to do it. In preference someone who supplies the bottles will probably do a better job and be cheaper. Our Belgium dealer always takes the vans down to the bottle supplier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back