so where did you motorhome this weekend? (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok so bank holiday it was. Where did you go and what did you get up too?

Here's my weekend, due to work comittments I ended up actually motor homing:Sad:
still did not stop me getting out my new Cadac and testing it out in my front garden and taking Tara swimming.

Last edited:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Cwmcuttan full up this bank holiday - 2 5th wheels, one caravan and two motorhomes. Printed Motorhome fun reserved signs designed for me by Scotjimland and put one on each pitch, looked good, useful and promoted the FUN site :Smile: Thank Jim :thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sat at home feeling shit, :Doh:suffering from flu picked up from Whitby last w/end :ROFLMAO:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
On our drive, and at this very moment a friend is welding some metal to our chassis and cross members so that we can fix our new electric step too.

Neil spent all day Saturday taking out the old step, it was a lengthy process, because although the step was knackered it was intergral to the motorhome. He also had to change the wiring around, luckily enough we had a friend around to help with that too!!

We have called in a few favours, time is short so we have given up this weekend to tackle it.

Mind you we also went to a cracking birthday party Saturday Night, so not all is lost. Mind you poor Neil had to be up for work at 6am on Sunday morning. He has been on his back under the motorhome most of the weekend, apart from working that is.

I also managed to choose and buy my Kayak on Friday. So although a bit of a boring weekend, hopefully a fulfilling one.

I would have much preferred to have gone away, and it dont help when so called friends text you to say that they have managed to get away and have a relaxing weekend :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (Diabalo).

But at least we have 6 weeks away touring Greece in a few weeks!!!!

Regards Pat

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
met patrick at llandudno festival fantastic sat/sun woke up to day to sound of rain tried to move van before getting to bogged down had to be pulled out guy who pulled me took of like a loon draged me sideways straight into a landrover disco tried to stop him blowing horn standing on brakes took side out of my van and his discovery moral of this story when country yokal offers to give you a tow in his 4x4 5ltr yank make sure he turns his radio off to your horn or do wot pat did and wait for the tractor to get you out !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Ok so bank holiday it was. Where did you go and what did you get up too?

Here's my weekend, due to work comittments I ended up actually motor homing:Sad:
still did not stop me getting out my new Cadac and testing it out in my front garden and taking Tara swimming.

like your new swimming pool paul but your lawn needs reseeding. :ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
My van went into the body repair centre,after it came out worse in a game of vehicle snooker !!!

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
where did you go

we didnt get away till late saturday ashubbie is doing work on son s car for m o t we wild camped and had a great time

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Just got back from a great country and western weekend at morecombe great company, smashing bands, lots of beer and a lot of laughs:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
We went on a C&CC rally (boating sec) to Carsington. Fri & Sat ok, blowing a gale Sun, so walked round the lake, 8 1/2 mls in 2 1/2 hrs. Just about to pack up and leave to avoid the forecasted bad weather on Mon when daughter and tribe pitch up for afternoon tea. After they left we needed some calming down red liquid, so we ended up staying till today. Came home in the rain, but no traffic !

Possibly going walking near Settle this w/e, if weather favaourable.

Allen & Eileen

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
On our drive, and at this very moment a friend is welding some metal to our chassis and cross members so that we can fix our new electric step too.

Neil spent all day Saturday taking out the old step, it was a lengthy process, because although the step was knackered it was intergral to the motorhome. He also had to change the wiring around, luckily enough we had a friend around to help with that too!!

We have called in a few favours, time is short so we have given up this weekend to tackle it.

Mind you we also went to a cracking birthday party Saturday Night, so not all is lost. Mind you poor Neil had to be up for work at 6am on Sunday morning. He has been on his back under the motorhome most of the weekend, apart from working that is.

I also managed to choose and buy my Kayak on Friday. So although a bit of a boring weekend, hopefully a fulfilling one.

I would have much preferred to have gone away, and it dont help when so called friends text you to say that they have managed to get away and have a relaxing weekend :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (Diabalo).

But at least we have 6 weeks away touring Greece in a few weeks!!!!

Regards Pat

Now what is more important, a new step or another fishing trophy?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We had a great time at Cottington Lakes near Deal, just chillin, went three days without hook up to see how long we can last if needed.

Thanks to Neils (Pats OH) expertise in ornathology I can now recognise a Green Wood Pecker's call :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And all the duckilings and gosling were wandering all round the lakes AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH well nice and cuddley.

Enjoy you time in Greece, plenty of time to meet up when you are back Pat.:thumb::thumb:

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
We have had a great weekend :thumb:
We spent Saturday and Sunday at Whitby and drove home today via an afternoon visit to Bridlington :Smile:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
chatsworth

had a really nice weekend at chatsworth, only 45 minutes from home, went for a seven mile walk on saturday around baslow and went into bakewell to see if there were any tarts on sunday, got to make the most of it at the moment as my motorhome is going back to swift soon

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We did some unexpected repairs around our house, shower decided to leak - joint inside the workings gave up, floor was swimming haha hubby had a midnight swim to get to the loo etc unrepairable so hubby had to install a new one ::bigsmile:

But today we went for a lovely ride to Rhandirmyn and Llynbrianne Dam (sp?) the views there around that area are stunning and as we were so close to Cwmcuttan we did stop by your gate sorry Dylan we didnt say hello only didnt like to intrude, it is a great spot you have there! Glad you had a full camp

We had a meal not far from Dylans - we only went in for coffe but food looked too good to miss , then of course you have to stop at the village local for one:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Had a really lovely day :thumb:
Hope everyone else did too

MaureenD

Free Member
Jan 15, 2008
South Wales Vallys
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since October 07 but Caravanning since 1972
Spent a nice weekend Fri to Mon at a caravan site at the rear of the Duke of York public house in Malvern near the Malvern Hills

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
dug out the front garden and put down flags (3 x 2's) :Sad:to move mh over out of neibours view, went to tip with trailer to get rig off rubish ( severail times)
went out and bought walking boots and poles, booked france for August :roflmto:

away next weekend, avioding bank holl rush

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We spent the weekend in Bridlington wild camping.

Its a shame that East Yorkshire Council is hell bent on ruining Bridlington.

Nearly the whole town is residents parking.
No overnight camping in vehicles.
Half the shops are closed, to let, or low on stock.
Most carparks are height limited and full of rubbish thrown from cars.

I would advise to go to Scarborough or Whitby instead

S

stagman

Deleted User
[Bristol Classic Car show held at Shepton Mallet Showground . £4.50 a night . I had a 50 mtr x 30 mtr hardstanding pitch with my own toilet block with showers to ourselvs and loads of fresh water .Could have done with a bit more sunshine ,but what the hell some brilliant cars on display ,and the bitch had the time of her life chassing the rabbits ,beat that :thumb:

FisherFun

Free Member
Apr 26, 2009
Bedford
Funster No
MH
Fiat Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2002
We did:
Sat - test driving cars
Sun - chilling at home
Mon - looking at and test driving camper vans, and putting down a deposit - yay! (Coral 670 SK if you're interested)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Spent Saturday sorting out my garage and then Sunday and Monday selling the junk from the garage at boot sales!!!
One mans junk is another mans treasure!!
Best item didn't sell...golf clubs...guess all the golfers were playing golf rather than stomping round looking at peoples junk :Smile:
Off topic a bit but why oh why do boot sales start at such a stupid time of the morning!!! Getting up before 6am on a weekend..it's enough to make you :cry:

:ROFLMAO:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We went to Cheltenham for the weekend arriving Saturday morning and leaving Monday afternoon Great site for a great weekend
:Smile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We did:
Sat - test driving cars
Sun - chilling at home
Mon - looking at and test driving camper vans, and putting down a deposit - yay! (Coral 670 SK if you're interested)

Well, a fine choice of van :thumb:

Mar 1, 2009
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
I went to the norfolk arena today to the figure of eight racing and destruction derby, good stuff :thumb:apart from the cutting cold wind!!

Being in my camper i was directed to park along a fence with other big vehicles, and when i came out of the arena there stood my poor little camper, absolutely plastered with dust kicked up from the track, but bless her heart the inside was very warm and cozy and we all had a lovely cuppa before i drove back home to peterborough.

I love my little camper, `tis the life`::bigsmile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
amongst other things, we washed the road spray from the trailer that we collected on the way home from Peterborough, and spent all day today trying to catch up with work.
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back