Has being a Funster changed your life? (1 Viewer)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Reading threads in which Funsters offer support and help in abundance, I wondered what being a member of this fabulous forum has done for others.

Being a Funster has totally changed my life - I wouldn't have re-discovered my love of making music, and subsequently met Barrie, if I hadn't rallied with the Funsters at Malvern 5 years ago. Thank you, Jim & Sian :)

Come on then - how was it for you?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Like Janine have to say yes, have met so many real nice genuine people in Fun, travelled through Morocco with made memories we will never forget. Party'd on shell Island, the list goes on. Seen the support funsters give when someone is not well, like our own Mousey (Dawn) now bet most on here on Fun will be wishing her well. Don't think you are ever alone when you are a Funster.

Great thread Janine.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes, without doubt. I drink more, eat more and swear more!! All of this is Jims fault!

Seriously though, it has. We would not have travelled as much, got by when things didn't go as planned, met some lovely lovely people, and some kno*s as well mind. :eek:

We might still have done some of the things and been to some of the places, but I doubt we would have gone to Morocco if it hadn't been for this forum.

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
We have used the van far more than we might have done otherwise, I have learned an awful lot more by using the forum, I have visited places that I probably would not have done and, like Janine, playing the music with the rest of our musical friends has made a significant difference for us. It has also opened up a whole new world and in the process made us some really great friends.

But, above all, I also met Barrie through the Forum :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
It certainly has changed our lives and continues to do so. We have made new friends both on here and at the Meets(2 only so far),learned we're hopeless happy dancers at the Falkirk Meet, gained much valuable information provided freely by the Funsters on umpteen subject topics and daily enjoy the banter and contacts on here.

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
No I wouldn't say it's changed my life, but I've not gone beyond the online Fun so what would I know? If the rallying side of it is your thing I could see it opening up all sorts of possibilities. I have friends I've made as a result of past surfing forum meets.

It is however an excellent source of information on pretty much anything, and the slanging matches measured debates are hugely entertaining.

Eve

Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
For me yes, I have many years M/H under my belt,but never joined clubs,now I am on my own,I felt the need to connect with other people.:imoutahere::clap2:
This is exactly what the funsters offer,plus if you want a quiet time,that's ok as well, next year I hope to be more organised.:Eeek::beerchug::party2:

So for me yes!!!! And for the better.Eve

redjohn151

Free Member
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer b534
Exp
I'm a newbie
I find the endless tips amazing.
I also find the banter great fun.
I know it can sometimes be cutting but in my heart I know that people will always support each other when the chips are down.

A great gang of people
A great website
A great place to dip in and out of for a smile or two.

I like so many others like to play devils advocate

Thank you to all for bringing something different into my life.

John

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Has being a Funster changed your life?

Yes indeed. I was in the final stages of being a Cisterian monk, now I'm a pillar holding up Alcoholics Anonymous. Channel 4 are doing a documentary on me next month. "Drink and the Consequences".

That's the good news, how I set up fake charities to fund my needs has not yet come out.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
Well what more can I say ,it's just about all been said above ,great forum great friends and loads more rallies than most other clubs .we have made loads of new friends I'm still trying to ge t to grips with my ukulele maybe one day I will shock a few of my mates .but must say jim has started a fantastic group ,so we'll done jim and Sian

Last edited by a moderator:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
My first thought was no, after thinking more about it I have to say yes. The main reason being we have met some lovely people on here and made some good friend who we have now been on holiday and weekends away with on several occasions. Another reason would be reading some of the stories of your travels that have inspired me to visit places I'd have missed out on, one example being @chockswahay and his blog of Norway.
I don't get to many meets so not had the chance to meet as many as I'd like but one thing that really sticks with me is when my MIL passed away with cancer I decided to run a marathon for cancer research. I raised over £2k and a lot of that came from total strangers on here both individuals and traders. I don't know if you realise how much that meant to Lorraine and me when she was going through a tough time.

So thanks again guys

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Oh has it ever!! We retired at Christmas 2006. Motorhome picked up beginning of May - went to a Facts meet beginning of June and met Jim and Sian . Shortly after Jim started Fun and the rest is history . We've made some wonderful friends through this club and had the time of our lives! Long may it continue

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yup ... somehow Jim managed to 'hypnotise' me to become a Life Member ... being a tight Yorkshirewoman I'm still trying to get over the shock of parting with money!!!!:LOL:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Big time..
When we first got a van I mis-heard the suggested forum and went to a certain other place..
After about a week I showed Maureen some of the posts, we chatted and decided that in all honesty we did not think we wanted to be associated with motorhomers at all..
I was fortunately put right in time !

So thanks entirely to Fun we ended up keeping the MH.. and that in turn totally rejuvenated our relationship.
Before we spent all our time apart, doing our own thing...
Nowadays when we are away we do everything together and have plenty to talk about when we are at home..

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yup ... somehow Jim managed to 'hypnotise' me to become a Life Member ... being a tight Yorkshirewoman I'm still trying to get over the shock of parting with money!!!!:LOL:

If you become a life member can you not be banned?:D

Just a thought as running out of forums!

Seriously though...I was on the road to rack and ruin...still on it unfortunately but its more fun!:)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Absolutely......especially this year not being able to get out and about.......we still feel connected to all that is happening ,as though we have been with you in spirit at meets and rallies ..raised our glasses and dried our eyes....long may Motor Home Fun continue.....:cheers:
Jude

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Our first meet was Wrenbury 2012 when I got to meet (and play with) the inimitable Barrie and @Janine.
That rejuvenated my love of music and playing guitar and of playing 50s & 60s music which I wouldn't normally have Played (I'm normally a classic rock creature).
It got me back into playing and singing after a gap of 35 years.
We both love the rallies and have made so many friends and learnt so much. And I check the website 3 or 4 times a day, So yes, it has changed my life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back