Help. Old 5" B/W tv requires 12v lead? (1 Viewer)

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Can any one help? I have an old Yoko 5" B/W tv - it has a jack plug for 12v. I am not quie sure what I need?
It say on the back of the tv DC 12v 8w AC 240v 50 Hz
Can any one tell me what I need?
You help would be much appreciated
Regards Kev

OP
OP
K

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks but I don't understand the 8w 50Hz bit? I don't want to damage it.
And where would I get one when I asked at maplins they were saying I can run it through an inverter I don't want to do that. They seemed a little woolley!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Can any one help? I have an old Yoko 5" B/W tv - it has a jack plug for 12v. I am not quie sure what I need?
It say on the back of the tv DC 12v 8w AC 240v 50 Hz
Can any one tell me what I need?
You help would be much appreciated
Regards Kev

The set can run from 12 volts and consume 8Watts of power or 240volt. The 50Hz is the English mains frequency as opposed to 60Hz as used in the USA.
No problem just connect to your 12V. That set may well be a multi standard with Pal and Secam VHF and UHF, I have one here that will on a good day receive Irish VHF television transmissions. The set will only consume .66666666 of an amp per hour so great for wild camping. Great little set.
the jack socket should be marked with polarity ( usually center pin is positive) just connect to your leisure battery via a 12v socket of any sort. If you connect direct to the battery be sure to include a fuse. 2 amp to allow for start up current will be sufficient.
Any further question please ask away.

OP
OP
K

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Thats good reading Wildman I like it!:thumb:
There is a Clipsal socket on the wall where the TV is supposed to go with facility for a coax plug and a caravan 12v plug that should be fused I guess? I could use that?
Kev

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
For £6.99 on ebay you can get a multi volt/fittings 12volt adaptor.......works from cig lighter or can hardwire to a plug... and it's fused...problem solved :thumb:

Boo

OP
OP
K

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for that Boo.
Have you an item no for that I cant find it theres to many on there- confusing me:Eeek:
Kev

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Thanks for that Boo.
Have you an item no for that I cant find it theres to many on there- confusing me:Eeek:
Kev

This was the first one I found.................. it would do the trick :thumb:

Item number: 370194043831

or is it this type of fitting 160332500721
rtCurve.gif

Boo

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Thanks Boo --:thumb: bought it!
Just the ticket mate
Kev

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
For £6.99 on ebay you can get a multi volt/fittings 12volt adaptor.......works from cig lighter or can hardwire to a plug... and it's fused...problem solved :thumb:
I was just going to suggest exactly the same when i read the first post in this thread.
You beat me to it!! :thumb:

OP
OP
K

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Wildman/Boo I know peoples thoughts on the Status 315 :thumbdown: But do you think it would manage to run my 5" B/W tv ? Watching a couple on Flee-bay.

Kevo

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Wildman/Boo I know peoples thoughts on the Status 315 :thumbdown: But do you think it would manage to run my 5" B/W tv ? Watching a couple on Flee-bay.

Kevo
A coat hanger will run that!

I've got a status fitted in my van but it came already fitted in......otherwise i would just buy an ally pole and proper tv aerial.

Status are hellishly overpriced and over-rated. If it's going for around £20-25 ok.....but i wouldn't pay more than that.

derekfaeberwick

Free Member
Dec 1, 2007
Berwick
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
9 Years

Kevo
Go for the Status compact, they take up no room and you will get a good picture almost anywhere especially with an analogue telly like yours. About £22 from most caravan shops. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Kevo
Sorry not replied earlier. no idea of the status apart from the non working one I have.
I bought one of these, it comes with a preamp runs off 12V is good for analogue and digital chuffed to bits with it.

Link Removed

sorry for the messy link by system not working as it should.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back