scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi all.

Jan and I would like to invite you to the Cl we are on, I spoke with the owner she has given me a four weekends that are suitable..

The site is quiet and peaceful, there are a couple of pics here .. Link Removed

The first free w/e is 26th - 30th June , there are six spaces all with ehu and water, price is £7 per night plus metered electric, it's charged at 16p per unit, most people use about £1 per day .. but there is no obligation to use.. plenty of space for RVs and toads. :Smile:

Things to do:

The site is about 3mls from the town centre, a bus service runs from a stop about 500mt from the site gate.

Colchester is Britain's oldest recorded town, it was the Roman capital, much of the old walls remain and the castle is open to visitors, quaint streets with a bustling shopping centre.

Colchester Zoo is about 2mls from the site..

If there are any Air gun enthusiasts I can arrange a visit to the local club range on Sunday.. costs £4 per head. There is a sighting range with knock down targets and a wooded area with 30 targets set at different ranges.

Woodland nature reserve next to site, great for walking the dog and enjoying some peace and quiet ..

Aberton reservoir and RSPB bird reserve is about 3mls away..

Next to the site there is a country club with bar and restaurant open to day visitors.. haven't used it so can't comment on it, the nearest pub is about 1ml from the site.

Further away you can visit Clacton on Sea and Mersea Island..

That's about it, it's not an organised w/e.. feel free to do as you like or just relax and enjoy a BBQ with friends..

If interested please post on this thread.. look forward to meeting :Smile:

Address

The Lodge
Layer Road
Kingsford
Colchester CO2 0HS

GPS 51.859900, 0.867600

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=51.8599+0.8676+&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=15.45591,46.40625&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=A

Jim n Jan

Last edited:

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Sod's law innit,get a meet near to us,and can't make it :Doh:as we have a wedding to attend at Yarmouth and have booked on the C.C. site for a week 23rd-30th June.Never mind Jim,there's always next time,hope the meet goes well:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Sod's law innit,get a meet near to us,and can't make it :Doh:as we have a wedding to attend at Yarmouth and have booked on the C.C. site for a week 23rd-30th June.Never mind Jim,there's always next time,hope the meet goes well:thumb:

Thanks Martyn..

if it's worth while will have another in July and or August

I forgot to mention, there is FREE WifI on site.

Jim

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Sorry Jim,

Not the June meet, but perhaps the July or August meet pending the dates.

Hope the meet is a success for you. With a watering hole next door, nice walks close by, a pub down the road, free WiFi, and a regular bus service outside the gate, it has all the makings for a great meet location. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Please say hello to Jan & Charlotte from, Rita and I.

Cheers for now,

Jock.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
July and August Dates

Morning Jock

Nae problem.. Jan and Charlotte say hi back :Smile:

Look forward to meeting up again some time.. all the best to you and Rita.

Jim

The dates for July 10 th - 14th

and Aug. 14th - 18th and 21st - 25th

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Morning Jock

Nae problem.. Jan and Charlotte say hi back :Smile:

Look forward to meeting up again some time.. all the best to you and Rita.

Jim

The dates for July 10 th - 14th

and Aug. 14th - 18th and 21st - 25th
Cheers Jim,

:cry: July 10 - 14th is Americana.

:Smile: August might be a go'er though. :winky:

Jock.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As little or no interest has been shown in this meet (or future ones) and there is only one couple booked, I have cancelled the other reserved dates with the site owner.. and as I need to give her time to take other bookings to fill the site, the closing date for booking this meet is now 30th May

Thanks to those who acknowledged.

Jim.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
As little or no interest has been shown in this meet (or future ones) and there is only one couple booked, I have cancelled the other reserved dates with the site owner.. and as I need to give her time to take other bookings to fill the site, the closing date for booking this meet is now 30th May

Thanks to those who acknowledged.

Jim.
That's a real shame Jim :Sad:, as we normally do very well for good weather here in East Anglia, and the CL has the right amenities close by, that a MH'er (without a toad) would want.

I really am surprised at the slow response. :whatthe:

Jock.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Poo !
Right on our doorstep but on the weekend of the Thetford and District Motorcycle show ( where I have to help out at and run around like a sad thing ! )

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:thumb:We had a really nice weekend, the sun was out :sin: (bit too hot at times) still gave us a good excuse to have a few beers.:beerchug::drink::wine: and sit outside, and enjoy the company of Jim Jan and Chas :roflmto: Oh and Karen and Paul the lovely site wardens, and what a nice CL they have, :thumb: and have the best BBQ we have had this year, all cooked by Jim on the two BBQ's and Jan on the hob. :thanks2::beer: Unlike me nothing burnt and no panic involved, not like mine, it looks like charcoal when its done.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Well Done and thanks for looking after us, see you again soon. ::bigsmile: Bob and Jane.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Glad to see that you had a good time Bob and Jane. Shame we were in the Netherlands or we would have joined you. Maybe we can meet up there another time.

Sonja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back