Reich taps. (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Have a slight leak from base of kitchen tap and on closer inspection noticed a small crack in the main body.
Wondereing how difficult they are to change or is it dealer only job?

Cheers.

trevorf

Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Every make and model will have slightly different access and space under the sink. Not difficult as long as you can lie upside down under the kitchen sink and reach up with a tap spanner. Connections are usually just a "push fit"

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
If it's a lever mixer tap, prise out the blue and red plastic indicators and undo the screw. The top should pull off, you should see a brass threaded locking ring that it's worth trying to tighten down a bit more. In my experience, a slight crack in the tap body shouldn't cause a leak, but if there's not enough clamping pressure on the cartridge inside the tap, it will cause a leak which would manifest itself at the crack in the body. Mine did similar after frost expanded the components apart, then left them loose once the frost melted. Worth a try before lashing out on a new tap assembly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
elamessa
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
If it's a lever mixer tap, prise out the blue and red plastic indicators and undo the screw. The top should pull off, you should see a brass threaded locking ring that it's worth trying to tighten down a bit more. In my experience, a slight crack in the tap body shouldn't cause a leak, but if there's not enough clamping pressure on the cartridge inside the tap, it will cause a leak which would manifest itself at the crack in the body. Mine did similar after frost expanded the components apart, then left them loose once the frost melted. Worth a try before lashing out on a new tap assembly.

Thanks for the above,
Unfortunately not able to tighten so have ordered new mixer. Will then have to see how easy it is to change, although dont look so bad from this picture. Are they push fit or screw thread?
20150802_120101.jpg

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They are ferral connections you will have to cut the pipe & refit the pipes to the new tap with Jubilee clips.

Deleted User
I had a problem with a reich tap/shower unit on a caravan and attempted to do it myself, even bought a special sink spanner, but gave up because of restricted access and tightness, I got a man in.

From what I remember the connections are push in but secured with a rod that has to be pushed out, but they may not all be the same.

I would suggest waiting to see what the new part is like before dismantling the old one.

teensvan99

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Margate
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
The best way to see if you are able to change the tap is remove the sink first. This gives you a much better chance to see if you are up to the job. It took me an hour and half to remove the sink and waste tighten tap base and put all back the other day. The reich taps do have silly little pins you have to remove to get connections out. Or they did on the one I changed in our old Burstner. Better to DIY and you then know next time if it goes wrong how it works.

steve & ann. -------- teensvan

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Sorry, been away from the pc for a couple of days. If you undo that big brass nut in the photo, the tap will pull away from the sink. You may want to snip through the brown and blue microswitch wires (power off first) and reconnect the new wires with a chocolate block connector. If you look at where the two pipes enter the base of the tap, you'll see a little black plastic pin between them, push this out and then the pipes can be detached by pulling them away from the tap body, remember to make a note of which way round the hot and cold are fitted. Refit by reversing the procedure.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Be sure to order the correct diameter replacement as the two sizes look alike in pictures on the web.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Rather than cut the pipes, undo the nut and pull the tap up through the hole and you should see a dowel pin between the pipes, push this out and the pipes should pull out of the tap base.

OP
OP
elamessa
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Reich tap arrived this morning 20 mins later installed in place of leaking one. Apart from the pin on the old one being white and not very easy to see it was a straight forward job.
Tools required. Wrench, wire cutters, solder and iron and cable ties oh and wife for holding things especially wires whilst I soldered them
Big thanks to funsters for advice.
(y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back