Portable Clothes Dryer (1 Viewer)

Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Hi Funsters, I bought this portable clothes dryer for the MH from Argos today for £19.99. It is aluminium, so very light and is the 3 arm type which has more than adequate space for a family wash. It has 3 legs with a good spread for stability and it's got holes in the feet for pegging to the floor. The really good feature is that it comes as two pieces which easily connect/separate and comes with a carrying bag for storage.
The Argos Product Code is: 850/1848 Freestanding Airer.

Attachments

• airer 2.png
    airer 2.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 80
  • airer 3.png
    airer 3.png
    179.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Clothes airer 1.jpg
    Clothes airer 1.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 86
Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Can recommend them, we use one, and the bottom half doubles up as a tripod for the satellite dish if needed. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pete D.
Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Can recommend them, we use one, and the bottom half doubles up as a tripod for the satellite dish if needed. (y)
Tremybach - what a good suggestion ref the Sat tripod, I hadn't thought of that. The MH TV has built in sat decoder and I have a spare dish in the garage. I feel a bit of experimenting coming on!

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Tremybach - what a good suggestion ref the Sat tripod, I hadn't thought of that. The MH TV has built in sat decoder and I have a spare dish in the garage. I feel a bit of experimenting coming on!
We have a spare old sky dish that we use in the UK if we need a twin feed for the Sky+ box, or if the roof dish is blocked from the satellite, works well, and so long as SWMBO is only drying her 'smalls' that doesn't interfere with the signal. :rofl:
Cheers

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi Funsters, I bought this portable clothes dryer for the MH from Argos today for £19.99. It is aluminium, so very light and is the 3 arm type which has more than adequate space for a family wash. It has 3 legs with a good spread for stability and it's got holes in the feet for pegging to the floor. The really good feature is that it comes as two pieces which easily connect/separate and comes with a carrying bag for storage.
The Argos Product Code is: 850/1848 Freestanding Airer.

Is this airer larger than the usual ones we see on camp sites ? I looks bigger ? Only want a small one.

The one in home bargains is a really weak looking thing and does not have a carry bag which is handy for keeping it together in the van.

The other option is the Vango one at 35 quid but not sure if its worth the extra coin..

Cheers

OP
OP
Pete D.
Jan 21, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Lo-line Coachbuilt
Exp
Just Starting Fifth Year
Is this airer larger than the usual ones we see on camp sites ? I looks bigger ? Only want a small one.

The one in home bargains is a really weak looking thing and does not have a carry bag which is handy for keeping it together in the van.

The other option is the Vango one at 35 quid but not sure if its worth the extra coin..

Cheers
Hi Charlie, this one is not too big (certainly not as big as the ones used in gardens with the drive in post) and seems to be well made and quite robust. It's about 4 foot across when opened and stands about 5 foot high. When in the bag in 2 pieces it is only 30 inches long. Also it is highly recommended by the guys above.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Just bought one, double check that you get the correct one as there is a bigger heavier steel one for the same price.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Brought one in Aldi last month 17 quid.

Why would I want to unbbolt the satellite dish from the roof and mount it on my cloths dryer? :lol

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
works well, and so long as SWMBO is only drying her 'smalls' that doesn't interfere with the signal. :rofl:
Cheers

But only if you're watching the Eurovision Thong Contest!:giggle:

We've got the 4 arm version and it's great (well, so I'm told).

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
You need a dri buddi from. JML!

Wouldn't leave home without it!

Made by JML so you know it's quality and at a price

Broken Link Removed

Tongue firmly in cheek
(Although I really do have one (n) for drying sailing wet gear in the motor home)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Had one of these for about 5yrs, used it a few times, spent most of its life in the locker. When I did use it we had to tie it down well as the slightest breeze has it over and all your lovely clean washing ends up on the floor!

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
Had one of these for about 5yrs, used it a few times, spent most of its life in the locker. When I did use it we had to tie it down well as the slightest breeze has it over and all your lovely clean washing ends up on the floor!
They fight over mine!
Nobody likes wet wet suits !

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
If you are using the aires abroad remember that in many places you won't be able to use one of these free-standing airers, good though they are. I have a "hang out of the window" drying rack which is acceptable everywhere. It folds down flat so no storage problems either. Might be a better bet for you too.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
One thing to watch with these airers is the robustness of the catch that holds the top part up. We have a 4 arm one and found that when it was full of wet washing it was prone to collapsing. I solved the problem by drilling a hole through collar and post to take a nail which is tied on so it doesn't get lost.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I bought an identical one from Home Bargains for £14.99, but it didn't come with a carry bag. Used it several times this summer abroad and was very pleased, it performed well even with wet towels. I also like the screw in pegs for the legs so it wouldn't topple or blow over. They are currently out of stock online but you may get them in store.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I bought an identical one from Home Bargains for £14.99, but it didn't come with a carry bag. Used it several times this summer abroad and was very pleased, it performed well even with wet towels. I also like the screw in pegs for the legs so it wouldn't topple or blow over. They are currently out of stock online but you may get them in store.
We have the home bargains one too. Used 5/6 times with no bother and certainly strong enough for what we needed inc beach towels. I've also got a 5 string tidy dri fitted in the shower wifi here is useful for when not allowed to hang outside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back