Camping card ASCI ? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Sure this has been mentioned before but is this card really worth getting ? We are looking at doing our first Euro trip and a Pal who I visited today said its a must !
It is so easy to get into buying many memberships and cards so I though it worth asking .

Thanks.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Not in August but most of the rest of the time, pays for itself in two stops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We used it in June for our first trip to France in the van, definitely worth it based on the discount you can get at participating campsites.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
short answer is yes if you intend to travel outside mid July to end August.. worth every cent.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Just tried to order and pay for the card . We travel the 3oth of August so will it be ok for then ?

Anyway the site tells me there are no copies of the handbook left for 2015. It tells me to try the C&CC where I tried to order it there but failed miserably as I cannot seem to order anything on that ridiculously complex website. That is the site where I tried for several hours to book a ferry with the same results.

Can anyone please point me to a resource where I can buy the book and the card ?

Thanks again .

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Just for information to set the record straight there are 2 ACSI cards.

One is like a Camping Card International which contains your passport details printed on it and can be used instead of handing your passport over in campsites for identification. It also provides third party liability insurance in case you or yours cause any damage to anyone else whilst camping.

The other is a discount card that you get when you buy the ACSI annual camp site books and the card will get you off peak discounts at affiliated sites.

Charlie I have the 2015 books and discount card but I have filled in my details onto the card as I needed it in June when I was away but won't be going away again this year. Happy to sell them to you plus whatever the postage costs if you can't get yourself a set.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Just for information to set the record straight there are 2 ACSI cards.

One is like a Camping Card International which contains your passport details printed on it and can be used instead of handing your passport over in campsites for identification. It also provides third party liability insurance in case you or yours cause any damage to anyone else whilst camping.

The other is a discount card that you get when you buy the ACSI annual camp site books and the card will get you off peak discounts at affiliated sites.

Charlie I have the 2015 books and discount card but I have filled in my details onto the card as I needed it in June when I was away but won't be going away again this year. Happy to sell them to you plus whatever the postage costs if you can't get yourself a set.

It is the one where passport details are recorded.

My pal Em Told me most of the campsites in France will not require us to deposit our passports with them if we have the card.. So this is the one we would like.

If you have recorded your details then it would be no use to us but thanks anyway..

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
It is the one where passport details are recorded.

My pal Em Told me most of the campsites in France will not require us to deposit our passports with them if we have the card.. So this is the one we would like.

If you have recorded your details then it would be no use to us but thanks anyway..
If you are going to use it to get discounts from the sites then it is the card which comes with the books that you need. I have rarely been asked for a passport and if I have it has been copied, I have never left my passport with any campsite.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
weve just bought the card but had to have the books in Dutch. Thankfully we are travelling with funsters who have the English version.

Hope we've bought the right asci it's the green one with cc on it.

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
No.
Not worth having. Just one more hassle restricting your freedom if you are determined to use participating sites.

I can't believe some of you tight fisted ****'s. You pay half the gross national product of a small planet for a van with a mattress and a bog and yet you try to save a few shekels on site facilities which cost a bloody fortune to set up and run!

What's wrong with paying a fair price?

OOOOOOooooooohhhh! Poo:envy:

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
No.
Not worth having. Just one more hassle restricting your freedom if you are determined to use participating sites.

I can't believe some of you tight fisted ****'s. You pay half the gross national product of a small planet for a van with a mattress and a bog and yet you try to save a few shekels on site facilities which cost a bloody fortune to set up and run!

What's wrong with paying a fair price?

OOOOOOooooooohhhh! Poo:envy:

This is an off-peak incentive to encourage visitors to ACSI affiliated sites.

When you go to Tesco's or wherever do never take advantage of goods offered at reduced prices to club card members etc. or do you return the Tesco vouchers?

If someone offers you a discount do you turn it down - I doubt it!

This card is very useful and significant savings can be had freely given by the camp sites who like to have more business at off-peak times.

This is supposed to be a FUN site but you seem to have got out of your bed on the wrong side!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have acsi but found that most of the campsites would give you the same discount whether you have the card or not but for what it costs it's worth it for the books that tell you where the sites are;)

Sue

Aug 13, 2014
Suffolk. Near Bury st Edmunds
Funster No
MH
IH 600rl/rd
Exp
Like PVCs the best
Just tried to order and pay for the card . We travel the 3oth of August so will it be ok for then ?

Anyway the site tells me there are no copies of the handbook left for 2015. It tells me to try the C&CC where I tried to order it there but failed miserably as I cannot seem to order anything on that ridiculously complex website. That is the site where I tried for several hours to book a ferry with the same results.

Can anyone please point me to a resource where I can buy the book and the card ?

Thanks again .
I got one from vicarious books 2 days ago

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Blimey....

I thought the card was to point us in the direction of sites that had been vetted in some way.
For us newbies and to be honest somewhat nervous and daunted as this is our first trip over the water having some kind of assurance is quite a comfort.

What I / we are not trying to do I'd freeload. I'm one of those who gladly buys our eggs milk and produce local rather than from far king rotten supermarket who robs those who produce said goods.

I like and value mixed opinions and am not shy if it comes to an argument but bloody hell some of the above is going a bit far.

A chap said to me once.... Don't say nowt on the tinternet you would not say to someone in the pub..

There really are some ace people here on this forum. Sadly I doubt I will be around long enough to either benefit or reciprocate.

Life's way to short for bickering and flaming arguing..

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Blimey....

I thought the card was to point us in the direction of sites that had been vetted in some way.
For us newbies and to be honest somewhat nervous and daunted as this is our first trip over the water having some kind of assurance is quite a comfort.

What I / we are not trying to do I'd freeload. I'm one of those who gladly buys our eggs milk and produce local rather than from far king rotten supermarket who robs those who produce said goods.

I like and value mixed opinions and am not shy if it comes to an argument but bloody hell some of the above is going a bit far.

A chap said to me once.... Don't say nowt on the tinternet you would not say to someone in the pub..

There really are some ace people here on this forum. Sadly I doubt I will be around long enough to either benefit or reciprocate.

Are you on a different thread to me , didn't see any argument, mostly all got the same idea as far as I see.

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Don't be nervous of that first trip abroad. Treat it for what it is, a glorious adventure!

Don't take too much notice of some of the comments, you will soon be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

I sometimes wish I could erase the years of travel around Europe and farther afield, and start again as a novice, that feeling of excitement, tinged with apprehension, is just one of the greatest feelings ever.

Get your ACSI card if you can, but don't worry if you can't, there is always another opportunity following along.

Go out and have some fun because learning should be fun.

" Into the great wide open,
under the Skies of blue,
Into the great wide open,
a rebel without a clue"

Tom Petty.

:cooler:

Last edited:

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
This is an off-peak incentive to encourage visitors to ACSI affiliated sites.

When you go to Tesco's or wherever do never take advantage of goods offered at reduced prices to club card members etc. or do you return the Tesco vouchers?

If someone offers you a discount do you turn it down - I doubt it!

This card is very useful and significant savings can be had freely given by the camp sites who like to have more business at off-peak times.

This is supposed to be a FUN site but you seem to have got out of your bed on the wrong side!

Do I look like I shop at Tesco! Me, with a wonderful van like Ethle?!

Not likely, besides, I'm hooked on Aldi cr*p. (Oh, the shame!)

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
weve just bought the card but had to have the books in Dutch. Thankfully we are travelling with funsters who have the English version.

Hope we've bought the right asci it's the green one with cc on it.
We have been on the road through Scandanavia, Germany and now into France since May. We have the ACSI card and found it useful at times in the low season price time. The use comes when you are looking for somwhere to stay at for a few days and need the extras for instance washing machine. The Aire/Stelplaza are at times around the same price as the ACSI site by choosing the site you then get free showers and use of a the washing machine. If by chance you get hold of a Dutch book grabit and keep it. The Dutch book lists a lot of free over night places which are not published in the UK version. Strange that one. Sat in South West France 32* only nine months till back in Blighty ACSI card goes live again around 22nd August

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Blimey....

Just read this again , no ones flamed you or argued with you just all trying to help , why the animosity

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Just read this again , no ones flamed you or argued with you just all trying to help , why the animosity
No animosity from me.. I just struggle to understand why so many argue on this forum over things not worth arguing about.. Simple really.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I managed to get the books from a funster for a few quid and another funster let me have their card they no longer needed last year. I took it on my 3 week trip in France and Spain late last year only one site accepted the card that we visited and it was 3 euros more a night to use strange but true.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back