Dolphin MPS600 or MPS650 reversing sensors kit for motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
My reversing sensor is the wife. Loud when needed, over the top distance from object, great signals and cheap as chips.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
I bought a cheap set at a show and they are brilliant. Sorry make unknown.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have these, wireless so no problem fitting , work fine
Broken Link Removed

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Bought one of those last week but it didn't work so sent it back and got to the one with just the beeper, works great but still have a reversing camera with the wireless connection sending video to my Chinese satnav.

Hymie.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Bought one of those last week but it didn't work so sent it back and got to the one with just the beeper, works great but still have a reversing camera with the wireless connection sending video to my Chinese satnav.

Hymie.

Which one did you buy Hymie, the wired Dolphin or the one in the link from chaser?

Thanks

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Which one did you buy Hymie, the wired Dolphin or the one in the link from chaser?

Thanks
I only bought mine because I have put a bike rack on that sticks out a couple of foot and thought I might forget about it as I can't see it in the mirrors, and it was simplicity itself to set up , even comes with a hole drill to drill the holes the right size , just put the four sensors on the back of the rack , fed the wires into the van underneath through the hole that was already there for the overflow from the water heater , stuck the sender under the rear seat and connected a wire to the reversing light , put the dial thing on the dash and connected a wire to a live when switched on , and that was that , works perfect tells you which side any obstacle is and how far and also has a buzzer that you can switch off if you want, don't know how long it will last but don't see how anything could work better at the moment.
Also had a similar one on our old van and that worked as long as we kept it.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Bought this one veevee, as a replacement for the one with the display , the beeper is located at the back and is loud enough to hear distinctly up the front.

Tested it with a run out at the weekend, very pleased with it.

Hymie

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
I have had 3 sets of Dolphin reversing sensors on different vehicles. In my opinion, they are good quality, easy to fit and work well. I would recommend them.

OP
OP
V
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Hymie, the link didn't show an individual type of sensor, I think it was the range of sensors the company sell. Thanks for the input.

I have had 3 sets of Dolphin reversing sensors on different vehicles. In my opinion, they are good quality, easy to fit and work well. I would recommend them.

martin, which type of sensor have you used, the alarm or the alarm and visual display?
Thanks

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Just the alarm - I thought of the display as an unnecessary expense and needing somewhere to site it on the dash/ instrument panel with the associated routing issues. The alarm was more than adequate to do the job in my opinion. Just needs more careful positioning in the van as it could be further away than in a car - depends on where you fit it but may need a bit more cable to put it where you can hear it easily.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Not too hot on posting links I'm afraid. (n)

I ordered the one with dashboard display but was actually relieved when it did not work as by then I realised the dash was rather crowded, so ordered the wired beeper set instead.

My sounder is at the back of the van, furthest point from drivers seat, but there is a loud, distinct, beep when reverse gear is engaged and the beeping as you near any obstruction is loud enough to hear even over the radio at normal volume.

I believe the the sound level on the beeper was quoted as 87db.

HTH.

Hymie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back