Vanbitz...lack of after sales support due holiday closure! (1 Viewer)

BeeSea

Free Member
May 8, 2014
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
A couple of years...France/Spain/Portugal and Blighty
We purchase a suite of accessories 6 weeks ago from Vanbitz. Our Waeco reversing camera had failed. It appears that is has been affected by water ingression (rain). After trying to continue on around the Lakes District and Scotland without an operative reversing camera we have just ended our 3 month tour of the UK prematurely!! :-(

It's not Vanbitz's fault that the Waeco reversing camera failed due to water ingress, but when I needed to initiate a warranty claim I find they have closed down and are in France. There is no contingency support for customers. I am negotiating with Waeco today but they have advised me to contact the installer!! (who, incidentally, proudly offer a years extension to manufacturer's warranty...not much help if they have "gone fishing").

Not a happy camper....PM me Eddie please.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
A small company having there summer holiday are surely entitled to it! You are on yours so why not them? And how does a lack of a reversing camera stop you using the Motorhome?
Get the missus out to check you back if needed,

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I can appreciate your frustration, however as the owner of a small family business myself I can understand why @eddievanbitz chooses to close completely for 3 weeks in the summer, rather than being short staffed for weeks on end, over a long period of time.
People seem to love dealing with family businesses, but don't seem to appreciate that they need holidays too.
Its easy to say "arrange holiday cover" but its easier said than done, having someone in the office who does not know how the business runs. I certainly would think twice about giving the keys of my business to some stranger, whos only going to be working for 3 weeks.
As @ivorantony said, a reversing camera is not essential. You've got mirrors, and your passenger can always hop out and watch you back if needed.
Its annoying when things go wrong, but don't let this one thing spoil your adventure
As the old saying goes "worse things happen at sea!"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not a happy camper....PM me Eddie please.

I seriously doubt he will PM you till they are back from the annual holiday. A check on his facebook page shows he's probably under water right now with fins, wet suit and harpoon gun. I too hate business shut downs, I think both Swift and Autotrail have summer shutdowns and what a PITA they are. That said Family businesses would never get to holiday together if they stayed open. VanBitz are a very close family and they have been closing at this time to go away together for many years. I'm sure Eddie will see you right on his return.

I managed 3 years in a 34ft RV without a reversing camera, I'm sure you'll be OK when you get used to using your mirrors again (y)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sorry to hear of your problems, Eddie will sort it when he gets back, just unlucky your hols coincided.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its the move to a 24 hours 365 service culture we all now expect. Round here, shops still shut Wednesday afternoons, its always catching me out :mad::mad: Here on Fun people think nothing of ringing me at 9:30pm on a Sunday evening to say they've lost a password! :D

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
We are all entitled to our jollies.... It's why we go to work. Although I fully understand your woe, I'm sure that vanbitz will sort you ASAP.
Loyal and knowledgeable staff are hard to find these days, so there decision to shut up shop will not have been taken lightly. If we lived at lot more "Sarf", they would be getting some of my hard earned as I've only viewed good points about them....

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
miserablesign_zpse6f018bc.gif

:):):)

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
cutting your holiday short because a reversing camera is not working seems very drastic vanbitz are a top notch company in my opinion it is a good job you were not away at xmas

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I wouldn't have aborted a holiday over a reversing camera failure, in my opinion that is a disproportionate reaction to the nature/impact of the actual issue. You can still enjoy yourself without having to look over your shoulder (hopefully)!! ;)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I've heard it all now...to blame the lack of reversing camera as the reason to cut short your touring!! :think: What's wrong with mirrors and if really necessary help from the passenger when reversing in a tight spot?:tmi:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I've heard it all now...to blame the lack of reversing camera as the reason to cut short your touring!! :think: What's wrong with mirrors and if really necessary help from the passenger when reversing in a tight spot?:tmi:
Think it's a joke int it, never even seen a reversing camera never mind not being able to drive with out one(n):)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Is that a wind up or got the wind up?? Whatever, had me going for a minute!!::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
After trying to continue on around the Lakes District and Scotland without an operative reversing camera we have just ended our 3 month tour of the UK prematurely!! :-(

You've got to be joking.

But quite right to say that that service is sub-standard in the 21st century. I ran a small business and always had my mobile ready if a client had a problem, which nearly always could be sorted by phone or failing that at least they knew the score.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I can't believe you seriously cut short your holiday because your camera stopped working!
Perhaps you should just sell up now and stay at home ,I've never had a camera but I ,like Luke Skywalker ,use the force,if I'm not feeling it I tell my wife to get off her arse and go to the rear of the van to assist
It's a jungle out there imagine if you got a puncture or broke down,buy a tent now before a real disaster tips you over the edge!

Vlad

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It does look as if they are American , maybe explains it:whistle:
Since most US RV parks are "pull thru's" then maybe you can see why. However, here in UK small companies do have shut downs as this is the only way to manage vacations. I see no reason to "dis" the OP. if he reads this thread he will see the situation and it should be left at that

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
To think that when I started motorhoming there were no laptops, no tablets, no wifi, no cellphones, no internet, no solar panels, no satnavs and definitely no reversing cameras. And still I enjoyed trundling around France. Clearly I must have been gaga.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Looking at @BeeSea 's profile, it seems they are not only from USA but also motorhome beginners. Different cultures, different experiences.
I think a bit more understanding of their position would help them more than sniping and laughing.

I notice they've gone off-line since I started reading this thread. I do hope they'll be back.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back