Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Foks
There are often posts on here that are extremely critical of campsites. Some of the critisim may be warranted and some may not.

If ever there was a post that would stop me in my tracks from visiting a campsite it is the one that is currentley on display regarding Bron y Wendon Touring Park.

As it happens we have been to this campsite quite a number of times and we have always enjoyed our visit and would have no problem in returning there.

I'm sure that the person who was dissatisfied with the site is well meaning however I believe that it is a little over the top in its overall assessment.

This particular site is a c&cc site, it is an award winning site and I wonder whether the person who is critcal of it has contacted the c&cc to complain.

What can we do to be fair and even handed when we do dish out critism. A lot of funsters have now read the Bron y Wendon post and will almost certainley be put off visiting there.

I believe that this unfare to the site.

Cheers
Jim
:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I do think your right to highlight it Jim.

I feel that any site reviews should be placed in exactly that, the site review section. This way you can put your review on as can the disgruntled customer. That way we will end up with a balanced review as opposed to a slating post. I have not stayed at this site but apprieciate your comments at balancing out the facts.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
I use the C&CC site at Keswick quit often and like the site but the last time we visited last year, it was not an enjoyable experience, do you just keep quiet about it or let people know about it? All I can say is, if you go there you take your chance (the town makes it worth it in any case).

I did write to the club but was fobbed of with pathetic excuses, as I was by the CC as well.

Ralph

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Where do you get the idea that this is a C & C C site? I can't see anything on their website that suggests this. C & C C sites don't charge extra for dogs or awnings/canopies.

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Where do you get the idea that this is a C & C C site? I can't see anything on their website that suggests this. C & C C sites don't charge extra for dogs or awnings/canopies.

I doesn't look like it is a club site, anyway I think the criticism of Bron y Wendon Touring Park looks justified.

Apr 30, 2008
South Beds
Funster No
Exp
27yrs ish
Keswick CCC

I use the C&CC site at Keswick quit often and like the site but the last time we visited last year, it was not an enjoyable experience, do you just keep quiet about it or let people know about it? All I can say is, if you go there you take your chance (the town makes it worth it in any case).

I did write to the club but was fobbed of with pathetic excuses, as I was by the CC as well.

Ralph
That's strange I fired of an email to CCC complaining about Keswick. Spent most of last Sunday trying to contact them about spending the following Monday/Tuesday there but phone was either engaged not answered or recorded message telling me to contact central booking-- not much use as closed on a Sunday. Tried the laptop- website showed spaces; but as after 12 noon-- yes that's right another no go. As it was I was only 4 miles away at the time. Finally got a curt message on Monday at 9.30.a.m on my mobile saying they had no room when I knew they must have had. By then I had moved on.
Be interesting to see what excuse they come up with.
There I feel better already. I believe we should complain more often about poor service. We often say we will but time passes and we let it slide. I know I often do. But this time I did; although I expect a foboff.== credit crunch/weather/trouble with phones/lack off staff/etc.etc.
Anybody else?

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Hi Foks
There are often posts on here that are extremely critical of campsites. Some of the critisim may be warranted and some may not.

If ever there was a post that would stop me in my tracks from visiting a campsite it is the one that is currentley on display regarding Bron y Wendon Touring Park.

As it happens we have been to this campsite quite a number of times and we have always enjoyed our visit and would have no problem in returning there.

I'm sure that the person who was dissatisfied with the site is well meaning however I believe that it is a little over the top in its overall assessment.

This particular site is a c&cc site, it is an award winning site and I wonder whether the person who is critcal of it has contacted the c&cc to complain.

What can we do to be fair and even handed when we do dish out critism. A lot of funsters have now read the Bron y Wendon post and will almost certainley be put off visiting there.

I believe that this unfare to the site.

Cheers
Jim
we have been on this site nice klean:thumb: place staff helpful

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I personally think all good and bad experience reviews should be welcome . Thats the idea of reviews.

I also think the criticism of Bron y Wendon Touring Park looks justified.

If they advertise an internet service then its perfectly reasonable to complain if thats not available

I have no experience of this site ;but after reading other reviews (27) it will not be one i'll visit.

feedback i get is

The high cost for what it is

The noise of high speed traffic
and adjacent a trainline

regards

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi Foks

Jim

I read through that post and to be honest felt the term 'slagging off' a little inappropriate! Actually i thought the post well written and informative but their complaints to the site management simply fell on deaf ears.

Advertising a facility which you are not able to provide (wi-fi) is certainly misleading, and if charging for it, then it's fraud. The sun canopy business typifies the penny grabbing approach used by many UK site owners who will try charging extra for almost everything and anything.

The bottom line in this of course is 'GrandmaLiz' is one customer who will not be going back there. If the site owners are getting complaints from other customers, you actually state that "the site manager is not the most pleasant of people", and you "have had occasion to have a few words with him concerning his attitude", then they really need to be taking stock of the situation before the business starts going belly up.

I had an extremely good experience on a site which i stayed for a few nights last year near Berlin. I've mentioned it a few times in various posts. Spotlessly clean facilities, very quiet country site, all run very ultra efficient. The result being as i intend to return to Berlin again this year i will stay at that site.

That is how you 'run a business'.
When you have a new customer, treat them like you want them to come back to you......and maybe keep coming back, and you won't go wrong. I think Peter (Johns Cross) would agree with that?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I personally think all good and bad experience reviews should be welcome . Thats the idea of reviews.

yes and no one is saying anything against that. But there is a campsite review facility, that way bad reviews will be placed against good reviews, therefore easily read and decisions made by each prespective camper.

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
Hi all,

As the author of the posting in question I would like to respond to some of the above. :Smile:

First of all, I am relatively new to motorhoming and this site so perhaps you might think my expectations are unrealistic - I don't think so. (Incidentally, I thought I had posted in the correct section i.e. campsite reviews - sorry if I made a mistake)

I have given credit where due e.g. to the cleanliness of the site etc.

I specifically asked about wi-fi access (as advertised on their web site) before booking. I persuaded my partner to go because he could still work online. You might think that it's sad that he couldn't simply relax but being self-employed he doesn't have the luxury of being retired like I have. The lack of internet access caused a great deal of friction between my partner and me. I would have gone elsewhere if I had known it would be a problem.

My second complaint was being charged for a wind out awning/sun-canopy which I said I was very unlikely to use because it was too windy. I was not told at the time of booking that there would be a charge made for this. As I said previously, I am new to this and did not appreciate that some sites charge extra for an awning even thou you are not occupying any more space than your allocated pitch.

My third point was not voiced to the manager as a complaint but as an obsevrvation for others to note i.e I was charge for my dogs but no facilities are provided for them i.e. a safe dog walk. My main point was that as there was no on-site dog walk and I had to go off site to walk them. This wasn't a problem during the daytime but at night I felt unsafe walking along badly lit streets and/or by the sea front. This might not be a problem for male members of this forum but I thought other women might want to know about any potential personal safety issues.

If you read my post properly, you would have understood that my greatest annoyance was not that things didn't work etc. (I accept that can happen in the best of businesses) but in the way my complaints (about the lack of internet access and being charged for an unused awning only) were handled. The attitude person in question (apparently the owner/manager!) was highly offensive since he vociferously disbelieved what I was telling him and never once apologised - even after we demonstrated* what the problem was (*at his insistance). There is no excuse for such rudeness and I think he would be well advised to set a good example to his staff by demonstrating good customer care. :Angry:

Finally, this is NOT a C&CC site.

I am sorry for 'going on' a bit but the posts here have made me feel as though I am at fault for giving an honest appraisal of my experience otherwise what is the point in asking for reviews?

Happy travelling,

GrandmaLiz (AKA Liz) :winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
hi all,

as the author of the posting in question i would like to respond to some of the above. :smile:

First of all, i am relatively new to motorhoming and this site so perhaps you might think my expectations are unrealistic - i don't think so. (incidentally, i thought i had posted in the correct section i.e. Campsite reviews - sorry if i made a mistake)

i have given credit where due e.g. To the cleanliness of the site etc.

I specifically asked about wi-fi access (as advertised on their web site) before booking. I persuaded my partner to go because he could still work online. You might think that it's sad that he couldn't simply relax but being self-employed he doesn't have the luxury of being retired like i have. The lack of internet access caused a great deal of friction between my partner and me. I would have gone elsewhere if i had known it would be a problem.

My second complaint was being charged for a wind out awning/sun-canopy which i said i was very unlikely to use because it was too windy. I was not told at the time of booking that there would be a charge made for this. As i said previously, i am new to this and did not appreciate that some sites charge extra for an awning even thou you are not occupying any more space than your allocated pitch.

My third point was not voiced to the manager as a complaint but as an obsevrvation for others to note i.e i was charge for my dogs but no facilities are provided for them i.e. A safe dog walk. My main point was that as there was no on-site dog walk and i had to go off site to walk them. This wasn't a problem during the daytime but at night i felt unsafe walking along badly lit streets and/or by the sea front. This might not be a problem for male members of this forum but i thought other women might want to know about any potential personal safety issues.

If you read my post properly, you would have understood that my greatest annoyance was not that things didn't work etc. (i accept that can happen in the best of businesses) but in the way my complaints (about the lack of internet access and being charged for an unused awning only) were handled. The attitude person in question (apparently the owner/manager!) was highly offensive since he vociferously disbelieved what i was telling him and never once apologised - even after we demonstrated* what the problem was (*at his insistance). There is no excuse for such rudeness and i think he would be well advised to set a good example to his staff by demonstrating good customer care. :angry:

Finally, this is not a c&cc site.

I am sorry for 'going on' a bit but the posts here have made me feel as though i am at fault for giving an honest appraisal of my experience otherwise what is the point in asking for reviews?

Happy travelling,

grandmaliz (aka liz) :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^good posting^^^^^^^^^^​

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
yes and no one is saying anything against that. But there is a campsite review facility, that way bad reviews will be placed against good reviews, therefore easily read and decisions made by each prespective camper.

I agree 100% ;but looking at our campsite review section it does lack imput,which is a shame. So how can you get a balance view of campsites there?

Slagging sites off is inapropriate IMO

Regards

edit

fun campsite reviews ........England

campsites 18......................reviews 7

Need more imput!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi all,

As the author of the posting in question I would like to respond to some of the above. :Smile:

First of all, I am relatively new to motorhoming and this site so perhaps you might think my expectations are unrealistic - I don't think so. (Incidentally, I thought I had posted in the correct section i.e. campsite reviews - sorry if I made a mistake)

I have given credit where due e.g. to the cleanliness of the site etc.

I specifically asked about wi-fi access (as advertised on their web site) before booking. I persuaded my partner to go because he could still work online. You might think that it's sad that he couldn't simply relax but being self-employed he doesn't have the luxury of being retired like I have. The lack of internet access caused a great deal of friction between my partner and me. I would have gone elsewhere if I had known it would be a problem.

My second complaint was being charged for a wind out awning/sun-canopy which I said I was very unlikely to use because it was too windy. I was not told at the time of booking that there would be a charge made for this. As I said previously, I am new to this and did not appreciate that some sites charge extra for an awning even thou you are not occupying any more space than your allocated pitch.

My third point was not voiced to the manager as a complaint but as an obsevrvation for others to note i.e I was charge for my dogs but no facilities are provided for them i.e. a safe dog walk. My main point was that as there was no on-site dog walk and I had to go off site to walk them. This wasn't a problem during the daytime but at night I felt unsafe walking along badly lit streets and/or by the sea front. This might not be a problem for male members of this forum but I thought other women might want to know about any potential personal safety issues.

If you read my post properly, you would have understood that my greatest annoyance was not that things didn't work etc. (I accept that can happen in the best of businesses) but in the way my complaints (about the lack of internet access and being charged for an unused awning only) were handled. The attitude person in question (apparently the owner/manager!) was highly offensive since he vociferously disbelieved what I was telling him and never once apologised - even after we demonstrated* what the problem was (*at his insistance). There is no excuse for such rudeness and I think he would be well advised to set a good example to his staff by demonstrating good customer care. :Angry:

Finally, this is NOT a C&CC site.

I am sorry for 'going on' a bit but the posts here have made me feel as though I am at fault for giving an honest appraisal of my experience otherwise what is the point in asking for reviews?

Happy travelling,

GrandmaLiz (AKA Liz) :winky:

Hi GrandmaLiz

I apologise if I caused you any distress with my post. It was not my intention. You of course have the right to voice an opinion as you see fit.

I stand by my post that this is a particularley pleasant site to visit. I have agreed with some of you critism but do feel as though it was overloaded with the negatives.

Already in this thread there a people who will never visit this park, simply because they read your post. They have never been there, they have no idea what the park is like and unfortunatley for them they never will. I woudnt think that this will have an impact upon the site as it is always fully booked up. Why is it so popular and full, because it is an excellent site well placed for touring that part of wales and it caters for the majority of its guests in satisfactory manner.

Its pointless to continue any further because we will just keep going around and around repeating ourselves.

With regard to this site being a C&CC site, I may well be wrong as many people have taken great delight in pointing out. Regardless of whether it is or isnt its not really an issue other than the fact that you would have been able to complain to them and get some satisfaction.

Once again I'm sorry if I have offended you in any way.

Cheers

Jim

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
hi grandmaliz

i apologise if i caused you any distress with my post. It was not my intention. You of course have the right to voice an opinion as you see fit.

I stand by my post that this is a particularley pleasant site to visit. I have agreed with some of you critism but do feel as though it was overloaded with the negatives.

Already in this thread there a people who will never visit this park, simply because they read your post. They have never been there, they have no idea what the park is like and unfortunatley for them they never will. I woudnt think that this will have an impact upon the site as it is always fully booked up. Why is it so popular and full, because it is an excellent site well placed for touring that part of wales and it caters for the majority of its guests in satisfactory manner.

Its pointless to continue any further because we will just keep going around and around repeating ourselves.

With regard to this site being a c&cc site, i may well be wrong as many people have taken great delight in pointing out. Regardless of whether it is or isnt its not really an issue other than the fact that you would have been able to complain to them and get some satisfaction.

Once again i'm sorry if i have offended you in any way.

Cheers

jim
:smile:

^^^^^^^^^^good posting^^^^^^^^^^​

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back