what can you do without what must stay? (1 Viewer)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Just emptying the van ready for the change over to the new one and can't believe how much stuff we have gathered over the years. Sadly, much of it won't be used as its stuff we used to take with us for the kids.

So what's lerking in your van that if you had to save it in a fire you would ,,

and what's in there that you wonder why on earth you bother carrying it?

Ill start......

lurking to be saved... .My book of our trips taken in 10 years of motorhoming....

off up in flames.... The 2007 bessacar sat nav,

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
The frying pan would be saved.. best omelets I've ever had came from that pan.

I'm not up for seeing any of it burn though... perhaps the hose for filling the water which pees everywhere lol

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
No contest ... Save the wine and I'd burn the games we used to use but not seen any daylight this year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
:LOL:Been there ! Decluted two years ago when we downsized, I think it's ready for another one, amazing how we manage to gather ( just in case) items in our vans.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
My mum and dog followed by tablet and dongle. Im lost when ive no internet to play on...sad I know :)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Has to be the laptop so many aires and parking spots

Not sure if they would burn I've had the snow chains for 5 years never been out of the box

Paul

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We've never done clutter. Even in the big 7 birth mh. The only extra bits in there were the odd tin of food, just incase. We only took the clothes we needed for each trip.
What would I save incase of Fire ? Apart from the obvious Ralph and dog, phone , ipad ? Probably our expensive down filled jackets hahaha

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I'd have to save the Fray bentos pies, and get rid of the grey water container..............:whistle:

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Does anyone actually have Fray Bentos pies for eating? I am assuming not as they make eating my husband's toenail clippings look like haute cuisine!

So...... are they used for boosters for levelling ramps or is there a secret use I am missing as we are new to this?

I suppose that top shelf is only an inch or two out of reach, could stand on one.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Obviously would save people first (we don't have pets now). Bikes and / or kayaks next but to be honest everything apart from people can be replaced.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just emptying the van ready for the change over to the new one and can't believe how much stuff we have gathered over the years. Sadly, much of it won't be used as its stuff we used to take with us for the kids.

off up in flames.... The 2007 bessacar sat nav,

Someone on this site has organised a Bring and buy sale at Wrenbury -the meets full but i'm sure they will let you on -you can get rid of all your surplus bits and bobs there.:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
save my scotch. and the wine. and of course the wife. not quite in that order.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I would keep the wine, whiskey, brandy and finally Colin's
Gin + the accompanying correct style of glasses to drink the aforementioned out off, oh and my hair dryer and inverter. Get rid off the levellers, jump leads, hook up, 3 bags of tools, and massive bag of polishes and car shampoos.

Oh and the dog and lastly Colin.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Does anyone actually have Fray Bentos pies for eating? I am assuming not as they make eating my husband's toenail clippings look like haute cuisine!

So...... are they used for boosters for levelling ramps or is there a secret use I am missing as we are new to this?

I suppose that top shelf is only an inch or two out of reach, could stand on one.
hanging-smiley-emoticon.gif
He didn't mean it JJ ! Please don't send your people round to correct his thinking.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back