Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi
Could any body tell me the best / safe FREE ..ZIP program I can download from the internet.

thank you

from a pleasant peasant born Yorshireman now living in France..Mel

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

You could try 7-Zip i have downloaded myself but have never actually used it, I always run a scan on any downloads before I open them so be careful, let us know how you get on

7-Zip

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
7-zip

Hi,

You could try 7-Zip i have downloaded myself but have never actually used it, I always run a scan on any downloads before I open them so be careful, let us know how you get on

7-Zip

I have downloaded the zip file, not sure how to use as I have never used a zip file before, many thanks to Braunston for the information
also the 7-Zip was on the internet link computer/active that DYLAN had written so many thanks to Dylan and also many thanks to Jim who also recomended 7-zip .....if any body can just advise how to use would be a big help.

from a pleasant peasant born Yorshireman now living in France..Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
If I remember zip files correctley zipped file attachmed to an email can only be opened by the recipient of the file if they have the same software as you have zipped the file with.

Ive used one before (cant remeber the name of it) and people that I was sending files to coudnt open them.

Seems everybody has winzip

Jim
:Smile:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
7-zip tutorials

Link Removed

select extraction

Regards

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
If you are using Windows XP it has a built-in unzipper. You download the zip file then double click it, a box should appear saying that you need to extract the files, if you do this you will have all the extracted files in a new folder from which you can run the program.

Otherwise you can download Winzip, there is a free version with nag screens or a paid version which does not have nag screens. Both are fully functional.

Phil.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Zip files can be confusing at first , for those that are confused

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5gRPNOW9AY"]Click here[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.