LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
on the way to the chunnel, we hope to overnight near hasting or rye to see swmbo's family any good (cheap) stopovers near there

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Tried to park with the van in Rye last week, but gave up after half an hour and went elsewhere. Annoying, because we'd travelled from Folkestone to go there for a few hours, having never visited before. Lots of spaces, but most car parks had 2-metre height barriers. And one with a 3.5-metre barrier said 'NO MOTORHOMES' ... doh! (n)

Just don't understand why some local authorities are so hostile to MHs.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
Did you try the parking next to the River Haven hotel? they used to take motorhomes and are central in Rye.

Also see m/h s parked by the station where the coaches park.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi
http://www.eaglesgarth.co.uk
Is a ccc cl £11 for members £14 non members
we store our m\h there
it's about 5 miles inland from Rye

Thanks I'll give them a ring later, swbo used to live a Brede and myself at Camber, she has rellies at Hastings/Broad Oak and an elderly aunt at Rye (Rye Hill) so we will do a a quick visit to them befor heading to the chunnel. Weve been away 30 odd years now and got a bit out of thouch

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
@pandj

just a thought, have you ever seen a motorhome overnighing at the Rainbow Trout pub at the Brede/broad Oak crossroads? I seem to remember they have a large rear car park ( it looks over my wifes old house on the farm below so that would perfict for us. I used to know the landlord well but that was a long long time ago.

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
There's a farm at Winchelsea Beach that we've stayed at once - River Brede Farm - turn to the farm is on the very sharp bend in Sea Road. Can't find the phone number at present.

Got it - 01797 224976
It's a C&CC CS site with limited facilities but much closer than Eagle's Gareth (where we've also stayed).

If you get stuck then PM me.

Floydster

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 21, 2013
Where ever I lay my hat
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A lifetime
The management at the Rainbow Trout have changed several times over the last few years and I seem to recall it did shut for a while. Don't go that way a lot so can't say but may be worth a call to see.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We've used Haven River Hotel quite a few years ago, we went for the Rye scallop festival, good for a short stay.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
after a lot of googling were booked dogwood campsite at Brede, its a bit dear for just an overnight but it puts us were we need to be.

thanks to all

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Did you try the parking next to the River Haven hotel? they used to take motorhomes and are central in Rye.

Also see m/h s parked by the station where the coaches park.

I was there in December and saw a motorhome parked up to the side of the hotel so I think they are still doing it.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I was there in December and saw a motorhome parked up to the side of the hotel so I think they are still doing it.

thanks I might need that parking , we have an elderly aunt to treat to an 80th birthday lunch

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back