Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
has anyone been to Bunree in August ? If so what were the midges like? We are going over 3rd week in August after the Edinburgh Tattoo.
Brian & Jo

Printermick

Free Member
Dec 13, 2013
peterborough
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just started
Hi

We were there about three weeks ago and they were pretty fierce then, very good site though. We recommend a walk up to the falls via the red squirrel feeding site. The wardens will give you directions. Pack plenty of smidge though, we left the midges pretty well fed.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You're in the midgie season, but how bad they are really depends on the weather. Avon "Skin So Soft"is usual deterrent, think they've got it in the site shop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we went to Bunree when we tugged, it was nice but I don't rate it, for me I prefer the CC site north of Oban North Ledaig, all pitches have views to Mull, a nice walk down behind the airfield to the inlet to Loch Etive, where the water falls run in opposite directions according to the tide under Connel Bridge

and less midges than Bunree, far less cover, midges love bushes and water (y)

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
we went to Bunree when we tugged, it was nice but I don't rate it, for me I prefer the CC site north of Oban North Ledaig, all pitches have views to Mull, a nice walk down behind the airfield to the inlet to Loch Etive, where the water falls run in opposite directions according to the tide under Connel Bridge

and less midges than Bunree, far less cover, midges love bushes and water (y)
Agreed - we much preferred North Ledaig to Bunree.

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Midges should not be a problem this year, those that haven't drowned have been blown over to Norway.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Derbyshire wanderer

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
15 years
Another vote for North Ledaig. Bunree is lovely but we think North Ledaig is much better for views, walks and things to do.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
We did Bunree in August a few years ago and the midges were ok, It's the swans you have to look out for as Jane found out when feeding them as they chased her up the bank :ROFLMAO:
Bunree 075.JPG
Bunree 067.JPG
Bunree 072.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back