Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I had one done at home the other week £162 inc. new gas hose so it would seem a good saving Chrisboyo.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It depends if they check the gas, fridge freezer, cooker.
Some only check if you ask I think.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
A full habitation check should take several hours and however you divide up £49, something's will surely have to be missed or labour charges are very low.

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Looking to have our first check carried out... thanks for the above advice (y)(y)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Depends if you want a habitation check to say its been done when you eventually sell or want it to keep your warranty valid (unlikely ) . Is it a habitation check or service........there may be a difference. Looks from there website that they do van conversions mainly.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Depends if you want a habitation check to say its been done when you eventually sell or want it to keep your warranty valid (unlikely ) .
er ..... or if you actually want your hab equipment checked? :whistle:
[some of us just aren't competent or confident enough to do it ourselves] :oops:
[[and yes, I know, I've read the posts that say "well then you shouldn't have a M/H" - sorry, don't agree - can't fix my house, phone or fridge either, doesn't mean I shouldn't have one]] ;)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
What I meant was if you want it done well do you go for the cheapest........I wouldn't take mine there as at that price either they are going to do very little and charge for extras or find "faults" that need fixing. Or perhaps Im getting old and sceptical

Reactions: CWH

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
What I meant was if you want it done well do you go for the cheapest........I wouldn't take mine there as at that price either they are going to do very little and charge for extras or find "faults" that need fixing. Or perhaps Im getting old and sceptical

Don't kid yourself TW i had an approved workshop do my first HC on my new van.........mobile.......says it would take three hours..............£160 and it took no where near 3 hours.

If someone is prepared to do it for £49 they may well hope to get any subsequent work to go their way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back