Can't wait for 2016 (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
My Husband Chris and I are hoping to become Motorhomes Owners in Spring 2016.In our first year due to work commitments we intend to use it for weekends and probably a couple of two weeks hols. Then from 2017 much longer stays in Europe as we will be retiring,can't come quickly enough!
We have been looking at as many makes and models as we can over the last few months and are leaning towards the German Builds, as have read much on this site about the importance of Winterisation.
Our thoughts are ...a used vehicle probably 5-10 years old ,although a few people have suggested to go for older for our first as probably change after a short time?
We thought we had decided on a fixed bed,but as its just the two of us and one mini Labradoodle but now wondering if we might be better with a rear lounge ,so we could leave bed made up or use as a lounge if weather was bad?
As we have never owned a Motorhome before do expect to see a lot of questions from me in the coming months...and even more once we have taken the plunge!!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Welcome to Fun, have a look at the drop down beds, gives you the benefit of your bed always been made up, but pushed up into the ceiling when not in use so giving you a lot more lounging area. Also as I am sure you have already read check for damp and pay load in any second hand vans you look at. :welc:

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
Welcome Dizzy izzy from just down the road in sunny Warrington.

Well it was sunny yesterday :rolleyes:

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Welcome from another Newbie. Our MH arrives Feb/March next year and I'm bouncing off the walls with anticipation! So I share your pain!

Luckily I retired 1 July so as soon as it arrives, we'll be off all over the place :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dizzy Izzy
Jul 26, 2015
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Hoping to buy 2016
Exp
None whatsoever
Hi Carol,
My Hubby has a back problem so not sure about the pull down bed,although we have not tried lying on one when we have been looking at different layouts.
Lesley

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Carol,
My Hubby has a back problem so not sure about the pull down bed,although we have not tried lying on one when we have been looking at different layouts.
Lesley

As long as he can pull the bed up and down, we often do ours together they are really comfortable, just as good as the bed at home worth a try. :Smile:

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN. Layout is the key, get that right and your happy. You have plenty of time, try and see as many makes and different layouts as you can, visit some motorhome shows. The Lincoln show is a good one to try and attend, lots of vans and you can even call into the Funsters stand for a cuupa and meet other funsters. (y)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Welcome.

We faced a similar situation but succumbed a couple of years ago, only still not quite retired, also just 2 of us and a dog. We looked at loads of layouts and viewed lots of vans, but there is nothing to beat talking to owners about their layouts pros and cons. If you get the chance at a show you should drop by the Funster area as although it can be a bit intimidating everyone we have spoken to have been really helpful and most love talking about their vans.

Anthony496

Free Member
Jul 18, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We recently took the plunge and bought our first motorhome it arrives in September / October and we looked at loads of layouts aswell, we also hired a couple to try out in advance. We soon realised that with our kids and the UK weather a rear lounge was a must for us.

Good luck with the search it's half the fun!

Cheers

Anthony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back