Burstner Delfin performance T715 (1 Viewer)

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
I have a Burstner Solano....and also we had one before. Love the Burstners and we have always been pleased with them. We bought our second Solano in Nov 2013 but sadly had very little use as my Husband then took ill. I am alone now and wondering about getting something smaller....as I have never driven it. I know it's not the model you are looking at ,....but don't think you would go far wrong with the make. Hope that helps a little.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I owned a Burstner. Not your model but they are a quality build. You have to own one to appreciate the difference. Everyone naturally wants to think that their expensive motorhome is one of the better makes but whilst not the best, Burstner are well built with quality materials and finish.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
We purchased a 2007 Delfin T821 in January find it a very well built.
We purchased a new solano in 2007 which was olso well built but changed for layout reasons to a Bessacar in 2012! Big mistake! So have now gone back to a German built motorhome for a better build quality and winterised.
Steve

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I have a Burstner Solano....and also we had one before. Love the Burstners and we have always been pleased with them. We bought our second Solano in Nov 2013 but sadly had very little use as my Husband then took ill. I am alone now and wondering about getting something smaller....as I have never driven it. I know it's not the model you are looking at ,....but don't think you would go far wrong with the make. Hope that helps a little.
Sorry to here of your loss. It is nice to see you back on a forum and hope you can start motorhoming again.
Just remember if the wing mirrors go through the rest of the motorhome is not so much of a problem.
Steve

Briarose

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Thankyou
Well I decided to change the motorhome for a smaller Burstner Travel Van and I love it. First time out in it last week and I drove to Norfolk and back.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry to hear your problems Briarose and glad you are now on the up again. Hope to meet you some day.

I have a Burstner t680 .... I struggle with the width sometimes in the narrow lanes but engine wise it has not given me any problems so far ...and I must be honest I probably don't look after it as I should as I don't understand engines.

Mine has an internal step and I would not have a van with a step again... visitors are forever falling over when leaving the van. I am really pleased with the diesel consumption so far but it can lose power on very steep hills just out of the blue. This has only happened a couple of times but a bit scary when in line of traffic. I have read other Burstner owners say the same thing.

A Fun member has the Burstner elegance and it is LOVELY and he is thrilled to bits with it.

Sorry not same model but it might help a bit. :)

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Pleased you have another motorhome Briarose and you where ok coming to norfolk and back.
We will becoming to sycamore lakes at burgh le marsh in sept, hope the weather is better by then.

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Had a t700 delfin auto, great van,made a big mistake and traded it in for autotrail which we sold within a year of purchase and went back to German, same layout and love the German quality.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We've got a Delfin T 680 Performance and the engine is brilliant (3 litre Renault) loads of power and around 27 mpg when driven sensibly. Very happy with the build quality of the van too, but as @movan says, the change in floor level does catch out the unwary. The only problem we've had was with the eBox control unit which wasn't a cheap repair but I'm not sure what unit they fit in the T 715.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes, the E box cost over £300 for a new one ... fortunately mine was still under warranty ... there is a place in Colwyn Bay apparently that repairs them should anyone need it.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Yes, the E box cost over £300 for a new one ... fortunately mine was still under warranty ... there is a place in Colwyn Bay apparently that repairs them should anyone need it.

Hi Joy

Did you find the mobile phone ringing in your van?

:)

Jon and Debs

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Great Dunmow Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie Jan 2015
Sorry to hear about your sadness. Hope that you cope well and keep doing the things you enjoy. Keep meeting people and good to hear that you will continue motor homing. Very best wishes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back