Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It's all to easy to join a free website like fun to cause trouble for a competitor company or a company with which you have a grievance. The accusations, if false, will be seen by many thousands and can severely damage a companies reputation.

Because I have no way of knowing what is true, embroidered or an out-right lie, if allowed to remain then the site, MotorhomeFun (me) can be sued for defamation. Should this happen, I imagine that those who were quick to put the boot in to a company would be less quick to put their hands in their pockets to help me defend a defamation claim. Anyone who really wishes to publicly damn a company can get free webspace here and do it in their name, not mine.

I do this because I am an enthusiast, I do it for fun. Moaning and complaining is not fun. If moaning is your thing, there are plenty of sites around that thrive on that, please do not do it here, let's keep it Fun. The correct place for company reviews good or bad is in the Link Removed

Thanks

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Fair point Jim :thumb:

'cept I'm not sure about:

Moaning and complaining is not fun.

...but it is a great british pastime :ROFLMAO:

:winky:

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Totally agree Jim,

There have been several cases where a poster has been taken to court sued for defamation, and your right if a site allows this practice then they too are liable.

This is made quite clear in some forum rules and i have seen many such posts deleted for this very reason.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Well said James although you do have to bite your tongue a bit when you see companies names appear on the site and you know that their the pits. Its difficult to say nothing and allow another funster to get taken

Cheers

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well said James although you do have to bite your tongue a bit when you see companies names appear on the site and you know that their the pits. Its difficult to say nothing and allow another funster to get taken

Cheers

Jim

Thats why we have a private message function:winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Why is it always new members that tend to start a moaning thread about certain companies?

Mind you Jim you could take on the bad companies:boxing::whistle:

:ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi John
If it is newbies that start the moaning threads and I'm not sure that it is. Its because they have just gone out and spent a fortune on a new MH and are having problems. They are frustrated and dont know where else to go or what to do.

Jim

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It is so easy to avoid being slated and keep your customers happy, but it is a trade secret so should I tell you all what it is?
All of us in business have problems to deal with,things can and do go wrong
sometimes its the product sometimes its the customer
but it so easy to get things right, customers will understand and allow reasonable times to sort things out and except it isn't always your fault when things do go pear shaped, and what is this allusive secret ? go on then, I just hope others don't pick up on it
Simple!!! its called "COMMUNICATION"
Reply to those e-mails ,return those calls, keep your customers informed,
Not rocket science is it
Geo

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
It is not rocket science but unfortunately many large companies have taken away the box of matches needed to light the fuse under H & P policies

(Health and Profit = we got his money. why bother)

Small family business's give good service as the people who own them have their finger on the button and know a satisfied customer returns especially in the leisure industry.

Peter

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
.......and what is this allusive secret ? go on then, I just hope others don't pick up on it - Simple!!! its called "COMMUNICATION"
Reply to those e-mails ,return those calls, keep your customers informed
Geo

And wrap the whole experience in a whopping great dose of HONESTY! :thumb:

I cannot believe the outright and blatant lies that some people employ to shift a product - but in my simple opinion - anybody who is blatantly open and honest will always get the return customer.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Although you and Peter are quite right Geo, and I would buy or have a service off you any time, the highlight of the post of course is the way that some just seem to join, slate a company, then dissapear.

There was one thread that springs to mind about the guy who bought from a dealer in Hull. He slated the dealer so badly that many on here were well and truly taken in. Having met the dealer who fits in to Peter's mold and appeared very proffesional I was somewhat suprised. What wasw good however was some months later the dealer saw that thread and came on and defended himself in a professional manner putting his side forward. It was really good to read and many then realised that the one post wonder was exatly that.

I think most of us can understand that there are two sides to every story and often the side of the trader goes without being able to reply. This is why like most, Im sure, I take everything at face value and make up my own mind.

there you go I said it, :Cool:
any one got a cadac for sale?

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
We do seem to have attracted a few proffesional wingers who are happy to site owner bash, dealer bash etc. I never understand how some people can have such a negative attitude to everything in life.

Life is for living and having fun, not for winging:thumb:

If you have a problem get over it and move on.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
It's all to easy to join a free website like fun to cause trouble for a competitor company or a company with which you have a grievance. The accusations, if false, will be seen by many thousands and can severely damage a companies reputation.

Because I have no way of knowing what is true, embroidered or an out-right lie, if allowed to remain then the site, MotorhomeFun (me) can be sued for defamation. Should this happen, I imagine that those who were quick to put the boot in to a company would be less quick to put their hands in their pockets to help me defend a defamation claim. Anyone who really wishes to publicly damn a company can get free webspace here and do it in their name, not mine.

I do this because I am an enthusiast, I do it for fun. Moaning and complaining is not fun. If moaning is your thing, there are plenty of sites around that thrive on that, please do not do it here, let's keep it Fun. The correct place for company reviews good or bad is in the Link Removed

Thanks

Hi Jim, all noted, but is there a compromise, if the company name is not mentioned would that be OK?

As you know I have posted quite a few items about a well known UK company, and from my point of view I would have liked some one to have warned me before I parted with my hard earned cash and I truly believe that complaining about something goes a long way in getting the company to improve themselves.

But if you say NO then I will of course respect you decision.

Doug...

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I truly believe that complaining about something goes a long way in getting the company to improve themselves.
Doug...

Hi Doug,

The problem is that they dont have the guts too come on here and defend themselves, they lurk and watch and then send solicitors letters out

Peter

mickyb

Free Member
Mar 7, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Sorry Jim

I would like to appologise to Jim as I was one such quilty party & of course he is 100% right with his comment.

Thanks for a great site:thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi Doug,

The problem is that they dont have the guts too come on here and defend themselves, they lurk and watch and then send solicitors letters out

Peter

most of you that visit 365 photo project
will know that i have had a small prob with my flimsey engine wise
since 02 09/08 i have covered 1200 miles the engine has just self destructed
i am in conversation with the insurance company the dealer warrented the m/h with and i have asked the dealer to also contribute to the cost as in my opinion
it would not be fit for purpose now i wouldnt dream of naming the dealer but if there was a succesful outcome for me i would sing their praises on this site time will tell
it is a fiat 1.9td 1998 duccato chassis sundance 520 not an xud engine

should i name them before i know how they will assist me no i belive is the answer

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Think Jim is making it quite clear.

We should respect his wishes, Jim would certainly be involved if a liable claim was made.

I do this because I am an enthusiast, I do it for fun. Moaning and complaining is not fun. If moaning is your thing, there are plenty of sites around that thrive on that, please do not do it here, let's keep it Fun. The correct place for company reviews good or bad is in the review section.

regards

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
Hi Jim and others,

I'm not sure if my (incorrectly placed) posting about a certain site in Wales is an example of the point you are making but if it is, may I assure you that I have not stated anything which is untrue and as the author I would defend any claim of liable resulting from it. I would, however, genuinely like to know how members can give an honest appraisal if one is not permitted to say anything negative? :Blush:

Hope I'm not being controversial (again). :Blush:

:Smile: Happy travelling,

GrandmaLiz (AKA Liz)

C

Clausentum

Deleted User
Do not Adjust your Mind, the Fault is in Reality

After being made aware within 5 months of purchase of a fairly serious defect on our new European manufactured motorhome. I actually found a great deal of comfort in reading other members horror experiences. So yes, as a long term victim of appalling customer care, by both Kent based dealership and more surprisingly the European manufacturer, I welcome and support a platform for airing such REALITY horror stories or moans.

My own frustration, having been so badly mislead, together with outdated consumer laws, has been that NONE of the Leisure motoring magazines or Associations will publish my own disastrous experiences, preferring to pander to the rose-tinted glossy trade reviews. I wonder what proportion of income would come from reader/members as compared to trade sponsorship?

Since the purchase of my new motorhome in 2007 my wife and I have had the benefit of 2 weeks leisure use, traveling just over 5,000 miles. The vehicle is currently still awaiting repair having been in yet another deadlock dispute. My family has missed so many holiday oportunities and we have watched our investment almost halve in its value.

So yes, I feel justified in having a loud moan, given whatever opportunity. I now have the support of senior UK and European Ministers and I will stand proud in court to argue my story, when that moment arises.

I have spent a long career in Broadcast Television and support the need for the balance of serious news and light relief through the fun and fantasy of entertainment, (that our country so desperately needs at the moment)!

Please don't then pander to the cosy PC "Big Brother" state of censoring the occasional moan. A few of us need to vent our anger and frustration.

My own family fun will begin again when we sell our jinxed motorhome and revert back to Caravanning. Dealing again with many of the honest and much respected small dealerships, who I always feel have a higher moral integrity and company pride!

One such Hire Car agent, who was so horrified to hear of our motorhome experience when visiting the European based factory for repairs, insisted in closing his garage/offices and driving my wife and I 30Km to the factory workshop, rather that calling a taxi. That's what I call Customer Service!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim and others,

I would, however, genuinely like to know how members can give an honest appraisal if one is not permitted to say anything negative? :Blush:

GrandmaLiz (AKA Liz)

Hi Liz,

I have to strike a balance between allowing honest members to leave honest reviews that they will stand by, and the fact that some people are not so honest or they harbour grudges for years, some, even after issues have been resolved, still enjoy re-telling the story or spreading further malicious rumours. Sometimes competitors pretend to be customers and say they have received poor service. This can damage a companies reputation. To allow you to report poor service means that other less honest persons will take advantage with nothing to lose and everything to gain which puts me and and this site at risk.

My compromise is that you can review any company in the Link Removed. Any negative comments on particular incidents, goods or services are then only recorded once, rather than the same bad service rehashed on an open forum every month or so like they have been in the past. Reviews are for services or goods the reviewer has received, rather than rumours or speculation or what others have told you.

Please feel free to leave good or bad Link Removed, as long as they are honest and you stand by them then there is absolutely no problem. :thumb:

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No

Thanks

Hi Jim,

:Smile: Thanks for responding to my question. I do understand the controversy of negative criticism - being a very up-front person it wouldn't occur to me to post anything which is malicious, dishonest, libellous or 'subterfuge' (i.e. done deliberately to put people off a business competitor).

The posting I left regarding a campsite was placed in the wrong fora in error - I apologise for any difficulty this may have caused you.

I have looked at the review section but I couldn't find the link to leave a review. Sorry if I'm looking in the right bit but I would appreciate you pointing it out to me (I won't repost the earlier review). :Smile:

Happy travelling,

Liz

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I have looked at the review section but I couldn't find the link to leave a review. Sorry if I'm looking in the right bit but I would appreciate you pointing it out to me (I won't repost the earlier review). :Smile:

Happy travelling,

Liz

Hi liz

I don't think you can leave a review if the site is not listed in the section? in England there are only 18 campsites which have received 7 reviews Link Removed

I tend to use this site to find campsite info and reviews, you might want to add your review about the site. click here you will see that the site in question has 27 reviews some good some not so good.

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back