Tamsdad

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
Middlesbrough
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm going to travel from North West Spain to Cadiz via Portugal in September. Anyone know of any good campsites on the west coast of Portugal about half way down?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
goodmorning, think you will find most campsites closed towards the end of september . lots wild camping in the areas you mention . as you drop to the algarve more will be still open. i think you,ll find lots of campers on your way to get advice on the day. dont worry ,have fun ,n send us all a postcard. :thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Sites in Portugal

Hi Tamsdad

There are sites available, look at have a chain of sites, most open all year, provide a good standard and good security.:RollEyes:

You could also look at Camping Card ACSI 2009, available from www.VicariousBooks.co.uk provides another option, with fixed prices especially for short stays.:Smile:

I'm not 100% sure on the orbitur site address, you may have to "google" orbiturcamping to get the home page.:Cool:

Hope this helps, and have a good trip.:thumb:

Nomadic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
We only stopped on one campsite in Portugal - Camping Municipal do Alcácer do Sal, this is just south of Lisbon so it's a bit further down than halfway. It was about 7.45 euros a night with electric hook up. Really nice friendly site, somebody said it was featured in one of the motorcaravn mags. There was a washing machine & dryer to use for a small charge, they also had a free internet but it was a wired connection (must remember to take a network cable next time)

We wildcamped the rest of the time & found loads of places to stop ::bigsmile: found the Portugese very friendly.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Stopping in Portugal

We wildcamped the rest of the time & found loads of places to stop ::bigsmile: found the Portugese very friendly.

Totally agree, & we also used the aires that you can find in Portugal. Same as the French ones mostly with water & dump & some with electric. Go to our blog (Red lettering below) to see more of where we went

Don't forget the 'Barragems' of Portugal, lakes with dams to you & me. Many have large parking areas you can stop at. (See photo below)

Vicarious books publish a book of all the aires of Spain & Portugal (2 photos below) & including LPG stations.

If when you get there try to get the Roteior camp site book, lists all the camp sites in Portugal & opening times. You can normally get them at camp sites reception.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tamsdad

Tamsdad

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
Middlesbrough
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Thanks to all. I have had a look at the Orbitur site at Figueira de Foz which is about 279 miles from La Coruña in Spain:thanks2:

Last edited:

Baggins

Free Member
Nov 15, 2008
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Figueira Da Foz

Just back from 7 weeks along the Atlantic coast.

If you don't mind Aires Figueira has a massive parking area at the southern end of one of the biggest bestest beaches in Europe.

Between 10 and 30 vans there during the week I stayed (couldn't drag myself away!

Have a good trip

BW

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back