Bessacarr E765 Poor Repairs (1 Viewer)

C

Customer

Deleted User
Within our family we have 2 Bessacarr motorhomes and as motorhomes go they are great vehicles. The Fiat reversing judder issue does detract from an otherwise excellent vehicle but hopefully this well known problem will soon have a solution.

However, I wish we stumbled across this website before parting with sizable sums of money to Marquis motorhomes! I have read the comments made by other users and feel the need to echo these concerns.

As sales facilities go, Marquis provide acceptable service but when the transaction goes beyond the sales team it all goes horribly wrong. As a 58 plate vehicle, it went into Marquis Cheively in November 2008 and was returned in April 2009. They were given a list of defects and would you believe that after a 5 month repair, less than half were completed and worse still, the vehicle was returned unsafe.

Calls to Bessacarr Customer Care have suggested that Marquis have not charged Swift (Bessacarr) for the PDI and therefore Swift suggest it was not performed. This would explain the list of repairs needed, many of which should have been identified at PDI.

It is fair to say that our gripe is with Marquis Aftersales and mostly their so called Aftercare Manager. How many people would pay £50,000 plus for a car and accept a 5 month repair. How many would accept repairs where safety covers are left off 240volt heaters risking serious injury or death!

If you are thinking of buying a motorhome then be warned, Marquis boldly claim that they NEVER give refunds. A good company would say they do but NEVER HAVE TO! There are other Motorhome suppliers out there and just maybe they value you as a customer and your life!

BE WARNED

mickyb

Free Member
Mar 7, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
First Motor Home turns To Nightmare 2

I have posted a thread on the site before reporting how we have waited 7 weeks for a shower tray to be replaced before we paid the balance on our first second hand motorhome. the dealer yes it's Marquis. The Tray was on factory back order, fair enough, but in my view should never have been presented for sale like it. I have been left in the dark throughout the whole waiting time, I have had to ring the salesman everytime for a progress update, his anwser evertime is Oh you saved me a phone call,customer care & communication seems non existent i am appaulled at their attitude so far, I'm sure this is because I wouldn't take the van as he offered until the jobs were complete.
I rang last Friday after waitng to hear from the salesman for a week desite him promising a call which never happened to let me know when the shower tray was going to fitted, after being told he was in the yard but he will get back to you, which of course he didn't, i eventually rang and insisted I wait for him to be fetched, he replied yes Mr ****** it's nearly finished If I wanted to collect on 30th April I could but vehicle would be taxed from 1st April (something I told him I didn't want to do from the begining) failing that the earliest he could do was 7th May, Thats 10 weeks after leaving a deposit, absolutly disgusting service.
I am going to check the vehicle again Wednesday & pay the final cheque but only if it meets my satisfaction, now reading CUSTOMERS thread i'm worried, I feel angry, and I don't, because of the salesmans negative take it or leave it attitude really want to deal with Marquis again, & thats before I pick the motorhome up.
The last 8 weeks now have been pure hell after having so much of my savings tied up in the deal, they took my caravan in part X at the begining of March meaning they ended up with a 40% deposit leaving me with nothing I haver never felt so cheated. This has all been due to very poor communication from dealer to customer. A letter of complaint will be heading their way believe me.

From a livid customer.

tony morris

Free Member
Jun 27, 2008
Calcot Reading Berkshire
Funster No
MH
bailey caravan
Exp
30 months mh 40+ years tugger and camping
Hi reference marquis motorhomes i had the same proplems with them this time last year once they have had your money you will wait months to get your repairs done only if you do all the chasing customer service is a waste of time the good news is collins/lowdhams of padworth was bought out last week by webbs motorhomes of warminster a family run setup good quiltey motorhomes and good stocked shop

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Customer

Deleted User
Marquis Poor Service

It would appear that this is a national service level and not isolated to the Cheively branch. Having spoken to a few other disgruntled customers I would conclude that the problem is down to their Head Office staff who seem to set the service levels. We have spoken to a Alan Doherty (Aftercare Manager) who I have to say is more interested in his own ego than in rectifying the problems that HIS STAFF caused.

My advise would be that you avoid Marquis like Swine Flu, if you really do have to purchase from them then remember, if you have a problem with a new car and it needed a 8 week repair on delivery the manufacturer would replace your car with a new car. After 5 months all Marquis say is that they have a policy of NOT refunding.

IF you really do have to buy from Marquis then I would suggest that you fully inspect the vehicle, inspect the paperwork, drive the vehicle and preferably for a few hours. Don't part with a penny before you ahve physically seen the vehicle and its specification. Don't be fobbed off with having to leave a deposit, there are plenty of other dealers out there and one should have the vehicle you want in stock.

ONCE YOU PART WITH YOUR CASH THEY HAVE YOU HOOKED and trust me, thats where any customer service ENDS! Aftercare is a joke! Service quality is a joke.

In closing I would say this, as a General Manager withing a major car dealer group, I would sack Mr Doherty if I heard him talk to one of my customers the way he feels he can speak to Marquis customers.

As for the new management at Collins Caravans, I have noticed the change and I think if they have a degree of customer care skills, they will have a very sucessfull operation and I wish them all the best!

Tom 46

Free Member
Apr 19, 2009
Funster No
IF you really do have to buy from Marquis then I would suggest that you fully inspect the vehicle, inspect the paperwork, drive the vehicle and preferably for a few hours. Don't part with a penny before you ahve physically seen the vehicle and its specification. Don't be fobbed off with having to leave a deposit, there are plenty of other dealers out there and one should have the vehicle you want in stock.

ONCE YOU PART WITH YOUR CASH THEY HAVE YOU HOOKED and trust me, thats where any customer service ENDS! Aftercare is a joke! Service quality is a joke.

[/quote]
And there lies the answer. Easy enough to get caught up in the exitement of buying a new motorhome and naturally you want nothing more than to take possesion and hit the road, but there must always be the obligation on the part of the buyer to fully inspect and be satisfied that everything is in good working order before any money is paid over and that van leaves the forecourt.
The majority of motorhomes bought will prove to be trouble free and 'fit for use', but with price tags running into the tens of thousands that van really has to be spot on before we commit ourselves to taking ownership.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

As a measure of our committment to After Sales service we give a voucher which entitles the purchaser to 5 years FREE habitation services on both new and used motorhomes.

We dont sell em and forget them!

Peter

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I now know where I would buy a motorhome from.

As Jim says............

Proper Job:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I now know where I would buy a motorhome from.

As Jim says............

Proper Job:thumb:

Hi Dane,

Your welcome any time even if you only have problems and didnt buy from us, it never fails to amaze me how the 'competition' can bog off a customer.

A satisfied customer always come back!

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back