Ferries And Api (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
do you have to fill in API for ferries? I booked mine through the CC and I can't find anywhere on the DFDS website that says we have to, but tunnel does so I was wondering if I had to.

Deleted User
Travelled out last week (P&O Dover Calais) and didn't have to fill out an API. It was booked 3 months ago and I thought they would ask me at check in, but nope, gave booking number, printed boarding pass and off you go sir. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Travelled out last week (P&O Dover Calais) and didn't have to fill out an API. It was booked 3 months ago and I thought they would ask me at check in, but nope, gave booking number, printed boarding pass and off you go sir. (y)

presumable the checked your passport ?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Travelled out last week (P&O Dover Calais) and didn't have to fill out an API.

Even if they were organised you wouldn't be able to fill it out when you get there. It stands for Advance Passenger Information. The whole point of it is that you provide the information in advance, before you get there.

Deleted User
presumable the checked your passport ?

Nope, nothing at all didn't even ask how many were travelling (as they have always done when we have used the tunnel)

Waved through all custom posts without stopping, gave check in gal my number and she printed the boarding pass.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Thanks everyone, thought i ,might have missed something. Quick answers from you great people :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back