Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've made a forum dedicated to house/pet sitting. You'll find it here http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/motorhome-house-sitting/

Sitters can advertise themselves so you may contact them privately or publicly. House/Pet Owners can advertise their requirements.

Please be careful, just because someone has paid £10 and calls themselves a Funster does not make them saints. I have also uploaded a generic house-sitters agreement that you might use as a basis for your own, [disclaimer= which of course you should run by your solicitor] MotorhomeFun does not vet anyone. You should vet and get references before you give someone access to your property.

Thanks to Wombles and others for suggesting this feature, it looks like it could prove to be very useful. (y)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Fantastic Jim..Well done!:)

can I suggest we keep it factual and banter free...just for clarity.
Yes, I think that would be a good idea Eddie, (y) otherwise it becomes tiresome scrolling through all the irrelevant posts. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thank you Jim & everyone involved - really glad that the idea is popular & (used with caution) might be of benefit to Funsters(y) :) Driveway sitting in particular hopefully offers more security than risk.The agreement is very comprehensive & looks very useful especially for long term housesitting. From the forum & from meeting others at rallies it should be possible to make better informed decisions about who might be most suitable. Perhaps a feedback section would be a good idea too - not inviting negative comments but for good reviews of venues & sitters so those that want to share a positive experience can so that both might get more offers in the future?

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Perhaps a feedback section would be a good idea too - not inviting negative comments but for good reviews of venues & sitters so those that want to share a positive experience can so that both might get more offers in the future?
Ooh, that might be a difficult one Wombles, or create complications, as one person's interpretation of positive feedback, might be seen by another as criticism. :(

Cheers,

Jock.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Maybe everyone taking part could be marked on a map like the one that tells you where funsters live. This way if you were planning a tour you could look at the map to see where the stops are. Just a thought.

free touring...I like that idea!:LOL:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
So has it died the usual death?
I hope not Griff. :(

Someone posted the other day, that they were house sitting, but were spending a couple of days with the owners before they left for their hols.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We managed to get sorted for this trip. As convinced daughter it was in her best interest to move in while we are away (she resisted this as did not want to upset her lifestyle!). Or else I was writing her out of my will and I was deadly serious! wouldn't mind but cats both hers and my sons!:)

When she joins us in Italy in a few weeks niece coming to stay, neighbours have keys and prepared to chip in.....

problem with this scheme for us is the London address, as many have earlier vans, that being said its early days and I think scheme will work....

Eddie

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we have had "site/animal" sitters for the past 5 years with varying results and no doubt will continue to do so.

Aug 5, 2012
Hitchin
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 644.
Exp
since 1970's
We have been housesitting for the last ten years for the Family and would be interested in doing more maybe while we travel in Europe.
We have experience with dogs, cats, horses, chickens, peacocks and Koi carp and all at the same house.The Peacocks are not good with reflections in cars and will attack them and of course the Koi carp are easier to look after if you can keep the cats away.

Snowbirds.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We have been housesitting for the last ten years for the Family and would be interested in doing more maybe while we travel in Europe.
We have experience with dogs, cats, horses, chickens, peacocks and Koi carp and all at the same house.The Peacocks are not good with reflections in cars and will attack them and of course the Koi carp are easier to look after if you can keep the cats away.

Snowbirds.

Have a look on this thread, there is a lot more action going on so your post should be seen by more folks.
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/motorhome-house-sitting/

Louxchris

Free Member
Mar 26, 2017
Radstock
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
This sounds fantastic once we've sold up and on the road .... I have some references from dog walking and I used to be a veterinary nurse this may appeal to some people ..obviously just being on grounds as security is also part of the deal . :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back