• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

WANTED Kalkohf Mens Electric Bike. (1 Viewer)

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Do you have one you want to sell?

Landyguy

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2013
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Serrano
Exp
newbie from caravan - 5yrs now
I know someone who has a 5-6 year old one for sale I think.
they are away at the moment but will try and contact them if you want.

OP
OP
Mr Mousy

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Thanks, looking for something newer as the batteries are sooooo expensive to replace.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Bosch powered bikes in a different league. Try some and compare., yet to see anyone disappointed. Bargain bikes available on German ebay...ebay.de

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Bosch powered bikes in a different league. Try some and compare., yet to see anyone disappointed. Bargain bikes available on German ebay...ebay.de
Is that similar to your rather magnificent machine, Eddie?

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Just had a bit of a problem with my Kalkhoff crank freewheel mechanism (Panasonic motor I think) on a twenty eight month old bike. Contacted 50 Cycles who implied it was a known problem. As I was 4 months out of warranty, I asked to buy two new ratchet pawls only to be told that Kalkhoff won't sell motor internals, the guy at 50 Cycles did send me two slightly used replacements FOC which I've fitted and have cured the problem, unfortunately, Val's bike has started to show the same symptoms. When I stripped mine down, the ratchet mechanism had obviously been sticking down (dried out grease and rust marks) hopefully a strip down and regrease may sort Val's out before those pawls fail too. I reckon Val's done at least 4000 miles on her bike whilst I've only done a fraction of that.
20150610_120419[1].jpg
20150610_124741[1].jpg

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just had a bit of a problem with my Kalkhoff crank freewheel mechanism (Panasonic motor I think) on a twenty eight month old bike. Contacted 50 Cycles who implied it was a known problem. As I was 4 months out of warranty, I asked to buy two new ratchet pawls only to be told that Kalkhoff won't sell motor internals, the guy at 50 Cycles did send me two slightly used replacements FOC which I've fitted and have cured the problem, unfortunately, Val's bike has started to show the same symptoms. When I stripped mine down, the ratchet mechanism had obviously been sticking down (dried out grease and rust marks) hopefully a strip down and regrease may sort Val's out before those pawls fail too. I reckon Val's done at least 4000 miles on her bike whilst I've only done a fraction of that.

Ouch! is this on the 26 v Panasonic powered bikes? (36v more expensive - less trouble apparently) They have a well known issue.....

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
still want one. just can not afford one yet. still saving.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
@Judgemental, It's the 36 volt model Agutti XL. I'm only guessing that it's the Panasonic motor as I couldn't find any markings to suggest what make it is and the pictures I've seen of the Bosch motor look slightly different to this unit. The bikes themselves have been great and have opened up lots of opportunities for us in the motorhome but i've needed a replacement battery after 21 months (warranty job thankfully) both sets of pedals have needed replaced and now this :( Luckily I'm mechanically capable and I'm looking into getting some pawls wire eroded as replacements, shame Kalkhoff won't supply them.

Attachments

• 20150610_114223[1].jpg
    20150610_114223[1].jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20150610_114210[1].jpg
    20150610_114210[1].jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 16
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just had a bit of a problem with my Kalkhoff crank freewheel mechanism (Panasonic motor I think) on a twenty eight month old bike. Contacted 50 Cycles who implied it was a known problem. As I was 4 months out of warranty, I asked to buy two new ratchet pawls only to be told that Kalkhoff won't sell motor internals, the guy at 50 Cycles did send me two slightly used replacements FOC which I've fitted and have cured the problem, unfortunately, Val's bike has started to show the same symptoms. When I stripped mine down, the ratchet mechanism had obviously been sticking down (dried out grease and rust marks) hopefully a strip down and regrease may sort Val's out before those pawls fail too. I reckon Val's done at least 4000 miles on her bike whilst I've only done a fraction of that.View attachment 69924 View attachment 69925
Although the bike was 4 months out of warranty the dealer was still responsible for helping resolve issues providing you reported them within 6 years of purchase
Items must be fit for purpose
Retailers often try to ignore their legal responsibilities to consumers - under the Sale Of Goods Act 2009, when they claim that the warranty has expired
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Mr Mousey, wash your mouth out with soap..... A young fit man like yourself should not need to be powered about by electric!!! get your legs out man and peddle.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Although the bike was 4 months out of warranty the dealer was still responsible for helping resolve issues providing you reported them within 6 years of purchase
Items must be fit for purpose
Retailers often try to ignore their legal responsibilities to consumers - under the Sale Of Goods Act 2009, when they claim that the warranty has expired
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act

spot on.......don't let them get away with it :(

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
@Judgemental, It's the 36 volt model Agutti XL. I'm only guessing that it's the Panasonic motor as I couldn't find any markings to suggest what make it is and the pictures I've seen of the Bosch motor look slightly different to this unit. The bikes themselves have been great and have opened up lots of opportunities for us in the motorhome but i've needed a replacement battery after 21 months (warranty job thankfully) both sets of pedals have needed replaced and now this :( Luckily I'm mechanically capable and I'm looking into getting some pawls wire eroded as replacements, shame Kalkhoff won't supply them.

OK not a cheap choice! Your contract with the dealer not manufacturer so don't except his BS. you are covered under trading standards. get in touch with local CAB or citizens direct ASAP

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back