Kon-tiki Grey/fresh Water Tanks (1 Viewer)

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Just brought a Swift Kon-tiki 2003 665.
Any help with where the fresh water tank drain tap is?
I have found what I guess was the grey water tank drain tap handle in the under bed locker,
but not connected to anything,
guess there should be a tap in the pipe that seems to go straight from the tank to the side of the van, any ideas what the original tap is/looks like?

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class

Hi, we have an old Kontiki, our fresh tank is under the diner seat and at the back of the tank is the valve to drain it. it will not completely empty as its about 1" up the tank,it has a big red cap on the top.
It is not easy to get your hand between the tank to open the valve, but if your hand fits then you will find it after a bit of searching. Good luck.

OP
OP
Bluestar

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Thanks for that, well the filler tank is at the rear with the pipe going through the rear under bed locker and disappears under the floor :rolleyes: the over flow ran out from under the rear of the van but cant see the tank, but thanks for the reply guess I could empty by running taps then sorting the missing grey water missing tap to empty :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
I used to have a 645 and am stretching my memory. I'm sure ours had a bung at the bottom of the tank and we had to stick our hand in the tank to remove the bung. Or I may just be imaging that . Sorry it was a while ago

Mar 25, 2013
Maidstone Kent
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit 160
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Steve
Our 660 has a bung in the bottom of the tank which is in the floor under the bed. Grey tank handle is also in under bed locker but does seem to be connected :) Our grey tap is grey(lol) towards the opening of the locker. Hope that helps. PS We are in the Alps :):france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bluestar

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Hi Steve
Our 660 has a bung in the bottom of the tank which is in the floor under the bed. Grey tank handle is also in under bed locker but does seem to be connected :) Our grey tap is grey(lol) towards the opening of the locker. Hope that helps. PS We are in the Alps :):france::france:
Thanks guys.
Hope all is well and your having a great time :)
Look forward to catching up and you can tell us all the news.

Sandra, Steve, Lexi

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back