Can Anyone Recommend A Good Reversing Camera (1 Viewer)

Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this forum stuff, so hopefully I'm doing this right.
I have a 2004 auto trail Dakota and the drop down monitor has power but no picture, so I guess it's had its day and requires replacement, I do like the idea of a twin camera to us as a rear veiw mirror. I'm quite happy to fit it myself but wondered if anyone can recommend a good company and product to purchase, I don't want to spend a fortune no more than £200.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I believe I am correct in saying that the wiring is there for a dual camera, it could be that you have the wrong feed selected. Is there a selector button? We have video 1 & 2 on ours, when we picked it up, it was set to the non-existent feed so simply pressing the button sorted it. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Cockers
Jul 15, 2015
Isleham Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2012
In the menu screen it has v1 v2 I've tried them both but no visual. The reverse connector seems to work because when I select the reverse gear the screen switches on and I just get a dull grey screen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
In the menu screen it has v1 v2 I've tried them both but no visual. The reverse connector seems to work because when I select the reverse gear the screen switches on and I just get a dull grey screen
Ah not that then. Does sound like either the camera is knackered, or the wiring in between.

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi all,
I'm a newbie to this forum stuff, so hopefully I'm doing this right.
I have a 2004 auto trail Dakota and the drop down monitor has power but no picture, so I guess it's had its day and requires replacement, I do like the idea of a twin camera to us as a rear veiw mirror. I'm quite happy to fit it myself but wondered if anyone can recommend a good company and product to purchase, I don't want to spend a fortune no more than £200.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Give David a ring (http://shop.reversingcamerasuk.com) he has been selling this sort of equipment for years has good knowledge is more important he's not a rip off merchant!!!

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have fitted these to four different vehicles so far in the last year or two all still working fine .choice of 7" mirror monitor or 7" dash monitor .so easy to fit hope this helps

Broken Link Removed

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I can recommend the mirror monitor. Buy that & a camera off eBay for £50 or less. Buy a camera first & use it to test your monitor - from your description it sound more like the camera has failed (or power to it - worth checking that it sees 12v when reverse is selected.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I have a Waeco screen and double camera. Works well and is reliable

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Interesting ! I have a reversing camera it was fitted before I bought the mh, it is always on when driving so must be on a live feed ? It had a mind of its own coming on when it felt like but now on this trip it's just a blank blue screen ! The menu is in Russian I think so is it capput . or fixable ? If so do they do a wireless version ? Sussing out the hard wired one seems a pain ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Depends on what MH you have Autoswan .. If it is an Autotrail or Swift I would be inclined to look at wiring to the camera !!
I gave up with mine in the end, replacing it with a twin camera unit and hard wired from scratch.
If you are getting the blue screen of death ( an old old IT saying :) ) then I would say the monitor is just fine, it is just not getting a feed

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a Broken Link Removedm with a camera which tilts when reverse gear is selected. It has a 7 inch monitor mounted on the dash. Supplied & fitted by Dave Newell.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Depends on what MH you have Autoswan .. If it is an Autotrail or Swift I would be inclined to look at wiring to the camera !!
I gave up with mine in the end, replacing it with a twin camera unit and hard wired from scratch.
If you are getting the blue screen of death ( an old old IT saying :) ) then I would say the monitor is just fine, it is just not getting a feed

Thanks Jaws i do have an Autotrail Cheyenne, the monitor is by Vision UK ? So i will try and look inside at the wiring connections if i brought a small enough screwdriver with me (y)but coz i think its on perminent live feed i may bottle out messing with it till get home in 4 weeks time :whistle:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OK. do you have ANYTHING that has a video output ?
From a cam-corder, to a portable dvd player to a sky box ?
Anything will do.. Just plug the video out from a source to the input on the monitor .. If I am right then you will something on the monitor :)

Deleted User
Ive just taken ownership of a Auto Trail Dakota, 2006, i have an intermittant responding Reversing Camera, has anyone actually sussed the problem with this? I am thinking on the lines its a bad earth, question is where?

I gave the coach work a wash down, then on reversing back on to the drive, the camera works, so im guessing
ive disturbed somthing, but its not gone' termina'l just yet.

Any ideas?

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006

is the new website I think.

Gordon

Give David a ring (http://shop.reversingcamerasuk.com) he has been selling this sort of equipment for years has good knowledge is more important he's not a rip off merchant!!!

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Replaced the WACO on the Rapido with one of these :- http://rearviewsystems.drwelectronics.com/rvs11.html

I elected to change the Connectors rather than run a complete NEW wiring system. Bit of a Faff, But works perfectly. I run with it on, which allows me to see the "toad" as well as the road. The close camera means I can Reverse up close to objects as I can see the Towball. Handy when using the trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back