Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am sad to have to post about this matter but I think Funsters should be aware of the situation.

Several years ago I was attending a Funster meet in the Wagon (aka The Black Beauty) when the rear doors locked shut. The key would not unlock them.

Being a Funster meet, several folk wandered over to offer help and after several discussions had taken place, the course of action decided on was the "strong crowbar method".

Within seconds the rear handle, button and barrel lock were removed (permanently) and the doors could be opened by pushing on the catch through the hole left by the missing handle.

Now, of course, this hole in the rear door would let rain in but it couldn't be permanently blocked off as one needed to be able to get at that catch.

I knew I could get a new (to me) handle from a scrappy in Portugal so didn't want to buy a new (expensive) one in Blighty.

Up steps Graham (GJH) of Motorhome Parking fame.

He looks at the problem and instantly forms a Project Management Solution.

He pops back to his van and returns with a roll of high quality Duct tape with which he proceeds to fashion a cover to stick over the hole.

Now here is the complaint.

Even though this repair took place only a couple or four or five years ago, look at the state of the repair now!

Shoddy workmanship or what?

20150715_145201.jpg

JJ :cool:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
OK right @JJ you've got him by the shor..............., eh legal precedent!

As the service was undertaken in England and you being a fine upstanding gentleman will, no doubt, have paid excessive remuneration to said contractor this will be covered under The Sale of Goods Act (or whatever it's called now). So. sue the opportunistic ragamuffin for every farthing he's got for both poor workmanship and the distress caused worrying over potential future issues during the intervening 5 years!

As you will have noticed he's now got plenty time on his hands to execute repairs as Faceache have also seen through his urbane demeanour!

Go for the jugular!:boxing::swear2:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am sad to have to post about this matter but I think Funsters should be aware of the situation.

Several years ago I was attending a Funster meet in the Wagon (aka The Black Beauty) when the rear doors locked shut. The key would not unlock them.

Being a Funster meet, several folk wandered over to offer help and after several discussions had taken place, the course of action decided on was the "strong crowbar method".

Within seconds the rear handle, button and barrel lock were removed (permanently) and the doors could be opened by pushing on the catch through the hole left by the missing handle.

Now, of course, this hole in the rear door would let rain in but it couldn't be permanently blocked off as one needed to be able to get at that catch.

I knew I could get a new (to me) handle from a scrappy in Portugal so didn't want to buy a new (expensive) one in Blighty.

He pops back to his van and returns with a roll of high quality Duct tape with which he proceeds to fashion a cover to stick over the hole.

Even though this repair took place only a couple or four or five years ago, look at the state of the repair now!

View attachment 69460

What more could you expect from a pen pusher.;)

Reactions: JJ
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
"SUE!!!!!!"
Just let him dare show his......Credentials (Ooooeeer misses) LOL This side of the Spanish border !!
Tea Bag

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
What's wrong with that? Still a perfect match for the paintwork on the Wagon.

May I suggest that perhaps a (slight) improvement might be effected by use of some of the rest of the roll :LOL:

I am saving the rest of that roll to show all the techies over here what proper gaffa tape should look like, as opposed to the stuff they get from the Chinese Shops.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
will, no doubt, have paid excessive remuneration to said contractor

Are you having a laugh?

Rufty Tufty Off-Site Freeloaders don't pay!

I am sure Graham's reward comes every time he sees the awe on people's faces when he tells them that, not only did he touch the Wagon, but he even worked on it.

Reactions: GJH

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Are you having a laugh?

Rufty Tufty Off-Site Freeloaders don't pay!

I am sure Graham's reward comes every time he sees the awe on people's faces when he tells them that, not only did he touch the Wagon, but he even worked on it.

Not only touched the Wagon but was allowed to gaze (in awe of course) on the parquet floor.

Reactions: JJ

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Well that's just screwed the financial recompense you're about to pursue!:cry:
The scoundrel's got away with it again.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010

View attachment 69460

Should have been maintained on your annual hab check! instead of just ticking the duct tape box

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
THE bounder JJ!, Where's Madam Lash when you need him, The Cad ! absolute Cad! Carrots should be stuffed up every available orifice!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
THE bounder JJ!, Where's Madam Lash when you need him, The Cad ! absolute Cad! Carrots should be stuffed up every available orifice!
It would have been no good using carrots on that job. They would have bunged up JJ's catch.

And..................................there would have been less for the pasties.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back