How To Set The Alarm - Does This Sound Right? (1 Viewer)

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We had to return to Travelworld again to have a number of items sorted out. One of the problems we had was that we couldn't get the newly fitted (by Travelworld) alarm to set. It set sometimes but wasn't at all consistent and would also sound when we went in - despite pressing the disarm button before opening the door.

Anyway, Travelworld have told us (rather unconvincingly) that in order to arm/disarm the alarm we need to be beside the cab and not the door, which is further down the side of the vehicle. They say that because of the insulation, etc the alarm sensor won't work if used alongside the main body of the vehicle.

The reason we stay a bit unconvinced is that when we picked the vehicle up after the alarm and other items had been fitted no-one mentioned the above. Surely if it makes the difference between being able to use the alarm or not someone should have told us. During handover the alarm was set and disarmed and we were shown how to set it so we can leave our dog inside without the alarm being triggered - so its not as if the alarm procedure wasn't explained. At no time were we told we couldn't use it beside the habitation door - which is where you'd normally be if trying to gain access.

Prior to our visit we sent our list of snags to rectify to Travelworld, again no-one mentioned the above nor did they when we got to Travelworld this time. It was only mentioned when we were just about to leave and decided to test the alarm and realised we were in the same situation. The Travelworld guy pointed it near the habitation door (the only door) as we had - so I assume he didn't know it couldn't be used there. After several tries and another guy coming out to assist it was decided that you have to use it near the cab.

Obviously we now feel uncertain about the alarm. Is what Travelworld have told us standard practice? Or are we being fobbed off?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not sure what alarm you've got fitted however with ours I do go to the cab door to arm \ disarm. There is no audible warning only flashing indicator lamps.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You'll soon find the best places for activating your alarm. Pointing at the cab is what we have always done. As long as the alarm is activating all is OK. One thing though, change the battery in the fob, it might be the case that in a handbag or pocket it gets repeatedly activated and the battery is low. This has happened to me before and drains a battery quicker than you might expect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Cab windows for ours, it's pretty much line of sight I am led to believe. :)

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Thanks for your replies. I guess because we don't have cab doors - there is only door and that is the habitation door we assumed this is where you'd set the alarm.

I still think it strange that Travelworld didn't know this - even when we said there was a problem no-one there said that you need to point it at the cab.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You'll soon find the best places for activating your alarm. Pointing at the cab is what we have always done. As long as the alarm is activating all is OK. One thing though, change the battery in the fob, it might be the case that in a handbag or pocket it gets repeatedly activated and the battery is low. This has happened to me before and drains a battery quicker than you might expect.

Cab windows for ours, it's pretty much line of sight I am led to believe. :)
That's similar to what I've found.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
We got ours from Travelworld and the alarm and also have one door but ours worked anywhere around the MH.

Just last month we updated it with a Vanbitz alarm and it will only work at the front of the MH, but does not concern me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back