Best Route From Lake Constance To Caorle, Venice Avoiding Austrian Go Box (1 Viewer)

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,

Need a bit of advice on the best route avoiding the Go Box in Austria? Been quoted over 109 euro's one way using Austrian Motorways which I wish to avoid :mad:. Our MH is over 4500kg.

Thanks Antony

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This from my friend recommending a route for another friend...and its a route we use sometimes..not sure where your heading but adjust accordingly. the non toll Austria bit highlighted

"If he wants toll free he should go up into Belgium and then head across to Karlsruhe. Don’t think there is a “best route for that, too many alternatives. Take your pick! Then to Ulm and Fussen, and take the non-toll route through Austria via Reutte and Nessereith (Fernpass), and then to Imst, Landeck, Pfunds, and Nauders for the Reschenpass. Then Merano, Bolzano and Trento to Verona. He can exit west for whichever part of lake Garda he wants to reach. Merano to Bolzano is good dual carriageway. Bolzano south he can use either A22 or SS12. Italian autostradae are relatively cheap, and most non-autostrada roads are slow, so I’d go for the motorways in Italy. From Verona it is A22 to Modena, A1 to Bologna, Florence, Rome, Cassino, and Naples, and A3 to Pompei."

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Just been around Austria at 4,500Kgs and never went on any Motorway. To get into Italy I would get down to Fussen then head for the old Brenner pass. My Sat Nav helps as I can ask it to give me a route which excludes tolls and motorways.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Been looking at this myself and have taken the decision to 'tour' Austria so going to go 'GoBox' as I'll probably at some stage need to use the motorways. I've pre-registered so hopefully it will be fairly painless and not too expensive as we're Euro 5. Will report after but not going until September.

OP
OP
Weinsbergaman

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
This from my friend recommending a route for another friend...and its a route we use sometimes..not sure where your heading but adjust accordingly. the non toll Austria bit highlighted

"If he wants toll free he should go up into Belgium and then head across to Karlsruhe. Don’t think there is a “best route for that, too many alternatives. Take your pick! Then to Ulm and Fussen, and take the non-toll route through Austria via Reutte and Nessereith (Fernpass), and then to Imst, Landeck, Pfunds, and Nauders for the Reschenpass. Then Merano, Bolzano and Trento to Verona. He can exit west for whichever part of lake Garda he wants to reach. Merano to Bolzano is good dual carriageway. Bolzano south he can use either A22 or SS12. Italian autostradae are relatively cheap, and most non-autostrada roads are slow, so I’d go for the motorways in Italy. From Verona it is A22 to Modena, A1 to Bologna, Florence, Rome, Cassino, and Naples, and A3 to Pompei."

Just been around Austria at 4,500Kgs and never went on any Motorway. To get into Italy I would get down to Fussen then head for the old Brenner pass. My Sat Nav helps as I can ask it to give me a route which excludes tolls and motorways.

Thanks for the quick reply (y) Never thought of entering Austria at Fussen, great idea :) That's the way we will be going on the 30th of this month :cool:

Antony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back