Spam, scam or a D--- head? (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have just received the following message, my address has been blocked out, anyone now the guy?

==========================================================

Delivered-To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Received: by 10.223.118.212 with SMTP id w20cs188537faq;
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:51:18 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.100.41.9 with SMTP id o9mr1118369ano.155.1240480277320;
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <admin@n6.invisionfree.com>
Received: from n6.invisionfree.com (n6.invisionfree.com [75.125.111.184])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id d35si2950228and.35.2009.04.23.02.51.16;
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of admin@n6.invisionfree.com designates 75.125.111.184 as permitted sender) client-ip=75.125.111.184;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of admin@n6.invisionfree.com designates 75.125.111.184 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=admin@n6.invisionfree.com
Received: from n6.invisionfree.com (zathyusnetworks02.theplanet.host [127.0.0.1])
by n6.invisionfree.com (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id n3N9pGL1005429
for XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX; Thu, 23 Apr 2009 04:51:16 -0500
Received: (from admin@localhost)
by n6.invisionfree.com (8.13.8/8.13.8/Submit) id n3N9pG1c005428;
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 04:51:16 -0500
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 04:51:16 -0500
Message-Id: <200904230951.n3N9pG1c005428@n6.invisionfree.com>
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: I am TONY ROBERT,
Reply-To: tony.robert43@yahoo.fr
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: PHP
X-Complaints-To: abuse@zetaboards.com
Complaints-To: abuse@zetaboards.com

I am TONY ROBERT,

I just Feel It's God direction and will, i have something that is really burdring me in mind and i do not just know how to tell you this I have a project worth SIX million US Dollars in EUROPE, that i need your assistance in, all i need is your full support and effort, cause Ideally you will perhaps be my equal or more, and I will like to know you more better because I have a serous issue I need to disclose to you. well, for now, I think This is all I can say before I run out of room; What do you think ?

You can reach me here tony.robert43@yahoo.fr

Tony

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
ummm robertt85 is a member RV fulltiming

but sounds very much like a scam :Eeek:
robertt85Last ActivityToday, 11:01 AMLink RemovedAverage Posts Per Day0Member's Local TimeApr 23 2009, 12:05 PMOnline?Offline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
As I undersetand it anybody can pick up a yahoo email address. I got one and didnt even ask for it. It may well be that somebody has hijacked this email address. I think that you can even create a yahoo email ID in somebody elses name :Eeek:

Jim
:Smile:

geoff587

Free Member
Feb 13, 2009
Doncaster
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
In the last 12 months I think I have been left around 10 billion dollars by various people around the world, usually Nigeria , but just too busy to claim it at the moment.:Cool:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I don't suppose you were tempted by the £6 mill :whistle:.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Welllllllll! 6mill would be nice, or would it, I am happy with my life, 6mill might make too much difference, a couple of hundred grand would be better I think, I might be able to get some professional help for the guy, I think he needs it.

And enough finance to have a go at a famous M/H builder might be interesting!

Doug...

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
These are scams of the Nigerian nature..................they ask for your passport number, bank account number, D.O.B, address etc.......

Once you provide that then they will ask you to open a bank account in Nigeria so that you can claim your money...........the minimum amount to open an account at the "said" bank is usually £3,000 - £4,000...........you will lose it all so don't bother :thumb:

I love to play along with them (giving them faulse info) and get them to ring me............where I keep them on the line for as long as possible.

By giving any REAL info about yourself you are open to identity theft so beware!!

Just remember 2 things...............there is NOTHING FOR FREE in this world and if an offer seems unbelievable...................then it generally is :winky:

Want to know how to tell if them from Nigeria are lying??..............just watch to see if their lips move ;)

Boo

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I love to play along with them (giving them faulse info) and get them to ring me............where I keep them on the line for as long as possible.

Want to know how to tell if them from Nigeria are lying??..............just watch to see if their lips move ;)

Boo

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::winky:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Doug , I found him registered on RVFulltiming, don't know how he got your addy .. now banned .. some nutter

Jim

Hi Jim,
He uses the email option from within the forums.
If, as is the case here, the forum is set up properly he doesn't have access to your email address. The email is actually sent by the forum.

Regards
Doug

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
I usually sign them up to various "adult" sites if they send me there e-mail addy :winky:

Here's a good site for a chuckle.....Ebola Monkey Man: Nigerian 419 Scam

Well worth a read when you have a spare 5 hours :RollEyes: (or your at work) :ROFLMAO:

*EDIT just looked at that web site ^^^ there's some topless photos and some swearing in some links, Beware kiddies

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:RollEyes: I get these offers nearly every day. First one from Russia though:-

The Russian Foundation would like to notify you that you have been chosen
by the board of trustees as one of the final recipients of a cash
Grant/Donation of US$1,350,000.00 for your personal development.

Kindly provide all required information.
Name:.....Address:.....Nationality:......
Phone:....State of Origin:..Country:...
Executive Sec. Mr.Andrey B.Yaroslavtsev
yaroslavrfbr@sify.com

Tony Lee

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Funster No
Since I changed to a Gmail account, I never get any of those sort of offers, but previously I always notified the ISP of their email service so they could cancel the account. Did it in an effort to pr otectthe idiots who fall for those cons

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As I am "Billy No Mates" and often have too much time on my hands I love to actually pursue these scams... I email back and say how interested I am... I ask them for more details etc... sometimes I can string them along for ages... and let's hope that while they are wasting their time with me they are slowed up a bit from reaching gullible, vulnerable people.

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
As I am "Billy No Mates" and often have too much time on my hands I love to actually pursue these scams... I email back and say how interested I am... I ask them for more details etc... sometimes I can string them along for ages... and let's hope that while they are wasting their time with me they are slowed up a bit from reaching gullible, vulnerable people.

You mean gready don't you??

If it wasn't for the gready bugs nibbling at their brains these scams wouldn't exist. :RollEyes:

Boo

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Why does anyone bother reading these daft emails?

No different to the junk that comes through the letterbox on a daily basis. Only ones i bother opening are the charity ones with a free bin bag.....the rest go in the bin unopened.

Apply the same to junk/spam email and you won't go far wrong. If totally paranoid about them, download Mailwasher which allows you to read the content before actually opening them in OE.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
get one a week on average I send them to the bin ,anyway what would I do with 6 million dollars yen dracma or whatever they are giving us They coulkd have my bank details and pay all me debts off :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Well you were all wrong I sent my details and am now sitting on £3,000000:Cool:
However i need help in cashing the Cq so if you want to help
PM me your bank details:thumb:
to make transfer go more smoothly please include full details account number ,mothers maiden name and your password
PS if its no trouble send a signed blank withdrawal slip:thumb:
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Well you were all wrong I sent my details and am now sitting on £3,000000:Cool:
However i need help in cashing the Cq so if you want to help
PM me your bank details:thumb:
to make transfer go more smoothly please include full details account number ,mothers maiden name and your password
PS if its no trouble send a signed blank withdrawal slip:thumb:
Geo

sending you all requested info Geo.

sending them via PM.......Pigs Might...:ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
My btinternet address is often used for sending spams and its not me whose sending them.

Bt were supposed to have protection in place but never had problems with any other email suppliers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back