French translator / phrase book (1 Viewer)

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Can anyone recommend a good electronic translator or French phrase book? Also does anyone know of anywhere where I could find specific words / phrases related to camping or motorhoming in french. Am trying to brush up on my school french ready for the hols in a couple of weeks but I don't think 'open the window please sir' or 'shut the door' are going to get me very far!

Many thanks

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Can anyone recommend a good electronic translator or French phrase book? Also does anyone know of anywhere where I could find specific words / phrases related to camping or motorhoming in french. Am trying to brush up on my school french ready for the hols in a couple of weeks but I don't think 'open the window please sir' or 'shut the door' are going to get me very far!

Many thanks

Hi!
You'll find a specific lesson about camping and motorhoming in the "french language lessons" thread in the U shape lounge.
If you need other phrases, just let me know!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008

Many thanks

We had the same problem in germany this year and kept coming accross one word Geoffnett which i now know means open we could not find it in our phrase books my son said Google it-Simple why didn,t we think of that maybe you could just look at a few phrases you think you might need-Sue

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, If you have a late model Nokia mobile phone you can download additional languages to its Dictionary and not only will it convert from one language to another it will actually pronounce the word, its brilliant.

I have it on a E71

Last edited:

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Just point at things and speak in a very loud voice, works for most people I've seen in France:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
H

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
Thanks folks. Unfortunately Braunston my phone is rather like me - old and out of fashion so won't perform any new tricks. Thanks to Yodelli I have been studying hard and progressed to asking for both doors and windows to be opened and shut - well that's progress!
::bigsmile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Thanks folks. Unfortunately Braunston my phone is rather like me - old and out of fashion so won't perform any new tricks. Thanks to Yodelli I have been studying hard and progressed to asking for both doors and windows to be opened and shut - well that's progress!
::bigsmile:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done!!!:roflmto::winky:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread