Warning About '3' Feel At Home Destinations. (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Warning about '3' feel at home destinations.

Yesterday were in northen France. In Auderville. The network 'sure' came up on my phone. I couldn't get on most of the day but when it did connect I used it and this morning a message from '3' came up on my phone. 'You are out of credit.

I'm on all you can eat data which doesn't expire until 2nd August.

I was confused but as we were moving to a different area I switched off my phone.

When at our destination , Tréauville, France, I switched on again and all my credit of £2.97 had been used.

I am now using Orange F.

I'm assuming that I was picking up 'sure' which is the network for Guernsey and Jersey.

We were so close to them but around 15 miles across the water that my phone had picked up their signal and was using it to give me service.

I didn't receive a warning from '3' that I was using the network that is not on their allowed feel at home destinations.

Luckily I only had a small amount of credit left.

I had bought an add on 1st July which allows me to use their feel at home destinations.

Just a warning to other users of the 3 feel at home destinations.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Warning about '3' feel at home destinations.

Yesterday were in northen France. In Auderville. The network 'sure' came up on my phone. I couldn't get on most of the day but when it did connect I used it and this morning a message from '3' came up on my phone. 'You are out of credit.

I'm on all you can eat data which doesn't expire until 2nd August.

I was confused but as we were moving to a different area I switched off my phone.

When at our destination , Tréauville, France, I switched on again and all my credit of £2.97 had been used.

I am now using Orange F.

I'm assuming that I was picking up 'sure' which is the network for Guernsey and Jersey.

We were so close to them but around 15 miles across the water that my phone had picked up their signal and was using it to give me service.

I didn't receive a warning from '3' that I was using the network that is not on their allowed feel at home destinations.

Luckily I only had a small amount of credit left.

I had bought an add on 1st July which allows me to use their feel at home destinations.

Just a warning to other users of the 3 feel at home destinations.
Also if you get near the Belgium border it can do it and you were lucky with your £2.97, because they usually take £5 a day

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hmmm....will switch of when going through Belgium next week:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Had similar happen last year,coming back from Germany the 3 sim had been turned off.I had been using toggle sim(phone only),up through Luxemburg and Belgium.
Back into France,(Bray Dunes) switched 3 back on for data .contract sim.used what I needed and on to Dunkirk for ferry switched phone back to toggle .
Got email with bill and had a HOW MUCH ! moment .onto 3 customer care (that's a laugh on its own) managed to finally get across that they had better equipment than me check and find that BD is in France ,not Belgium long story short they checked agreed and cacelled the £16 ... from the bill .

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
A few years back went on a med cruise so bought an orange European bundle but didn't bank on the cruise ship being American and it came up as being in USA and came home to a bill of £225 for 10 days
Got it reduced to £100

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Before 3 came up with its Feel at Home in France, we went to St Margaret's at Cliffe near Dover and noticed we were always connected to the French phone provider Bouygues. Luckily, we didn't use the phone so didn't get charged but I could easily have used loads of data, it was a much better signal the 3 could provide

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
We are travelling many areas in France and at times slow 3 has been fine. We have been less than a mile from Belgium border and no problems.
We do switch off roaming when entering Belgium/Germany ect.

But the last time we came across on the ferry to France we used the phone. Even thou 3 covers France it connected to some supplier and we were charged. Contacted 3 and they honoured the cost and refunded.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back