Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
blackpool
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
Can anyone tell me how to reconnect the waterpipes running to the taps and shower head on my 590rl i took them off and then reconnected them but there leaking,they seem to be some type push in and pull back on a shoulder type fitting,there is also a little pin thing at the top iv'e obviousley done something wrong,any suggestions would be appreciated .

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Can anyone tell me how to reconnect the waterpipes running to the taps and shower head on my 590rl i took them off and then reconnected them but there leaking,they seem to be some type push in and pull back on a shoulder type fitting,there is also a little pin thing at the top iv'e obviousley done something wrong,any suggestions would be appreciated .

You need to make sure the pipe is pushed into to the connector as far as it will go.
You then need (I think from memory) to then pull the collar out as far as it will come to lock the pipe in.

Peter

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Spot on Peter ::bigsmile: You after my job :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
When you've pushed the pipes all the way in press the little plastic pin into its hole in the tap body between the pipes....stops the pipes coming out.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi Coolman, reading your post carefully you seem to be talking about 2 items,

1/ The push-in and pull back item seem to refer to the in-line type of connector that is used to connect 2 bits of plastic piping, sometimes to a "T" joint or to a straight connector, if the leak is here then make sure you have not got dirt or even wood bits from manufacture into the joint, also it is possible to damage the little "O" ring in the unit that makes the water seal, the damage can be coursed by a sharp edge on the end of the plastic piping I.E. not cleaned off properly by the original fitter.

2/ the push in pin item seems to refer to the body of the mixer tap, the tap unit has 2 holes, 1 hot and 1 cold the 2 pipes must be fitted at the same time and held in place the the little plastic pin is inserted to hold both the pipes in place, and "O" ring is on the part of the pipe that goes into the tap body. a/ make sure you have the "O" ring on the pipes, b/ the tap body which is made of plastic is not very strong and if you have had to use force to get the pipe in you may have cracked the tap body. If you have cracked it it will be very difficult to see.

In my opinion the whole arrangement is made of unsuitable materials and pooly engineered and tipical of the equipment fitted into M/H's.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

coolman

Free Member
Sep 22, 2008
blackpool
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
4 years
sink pipes

Thanks to all who replied to my problem with my sink pipe connections, read replies took advice and sorted it in ten minutes.thanks Guys !your stars !.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back