Are All Wiper Blades The Same (1 Viewer)

CJB

Free Member
Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Just been looking on Wiperblades.co.uk for new front wipers.

There are loads to choose from which vary wildly in price.

So my question is "are all wiper blades the same"?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
They are here. The dust turns them useless inside a month. Even tried Bosch ones & they lasted no longer than chinese ones although cost 10x the price. I now buy them all up the chinese @2,5€ a piece & throw them in the bin when they smear/mark /squeak etc.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I spent the money on some bosh blades for the transit after the Ford ones which were not wiping smoothly..then tried some cheap ones off e bay which fell apart..
The bosh one are great.. very smooth even when not a lot of water to clear..as long as they last then ill get them again... only been on about 5 months.
Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Costco Do Michelin flat blades at £5.00 a pop. Found them to be very good

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Bought three Bosch Aero Twin flat blades for the Hymer.. the right and centre blade wipe good, but the left blade on the drivers side (LHD) misses a small area where the screen is curved

The conventional ones I removed didn't leave any of the screen un-wiped.. so won't fit that type in future.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The short answer to your question is no the aren't all the same. If they were there wouldn't be so many to choose from (y)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Wnen not in use/stored, i have a couple of short lengths of plastic waste pipe under the arms to prop the blades off the screen.
stops them curling one way due to pressing on the screen in one position.

Hobbytwo

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby750
Exp
Since 2008
Tried Bosch and tried Halfords, all useless after a few months in my experience, very noisy and "scrapey."
Now fitted Valeo R55's which are a totally different design from the norm and are very clean and totally quiet in use. Discovered this brand fitted as standard on my Peugeot, and make sure you get the head which will fit your existing arms. That's my recommendation for what it's worth.

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
Bosch aero are the best in the business, both for long lasting and even swiping. Obviously the are not great for all screens, but the lack of flow joints, and poor lasting blades make them well worth the extra money. They are the type used by the aero industry. All our vehicles have them....cost about £11 each on eBay. The trouble with most wipers is that they don't turn at the end of each swipe, usually from resting for days and nights at one angle. A bit of playing about with them can soon get them turning the blade again at the end of each swipe.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Most will last a long time if cleaned.... I use an old kitchen sponge with some neat washing up liquid and rub along the blade...
You'll be surprised how much oxydisation (is that spelt right?) comes off and then good as new.. :smiley:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Most will last a long time if cleaned.... I use an old kitchen sponge with some neat washing up liquid and rub along the blade...
You'll be surprised how much oxydisation (is that spelt right?) comes off and then good as new.. :smiley:
Tried all that here. Used to wash screen every time before using every day. Waste of time , needs doing every time you stop due to the dust etc. Month is the best you'll get , even the Bosch ones, then fit for the dustbin.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Tried all that here. Used to wash screen every time before using every day. Waste of time , needs doing every time you stop due to the dust etc. Month is the best you'll get , even the Bosch ones, then fit for the dustbin.

In your case I agree, just seen where you are and yes must be like having sand paper on your screen... :(
Incidentally, is your screen scratched much..?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Bought three Bosch Aero Twin flat blades for the Hymer.. the right and centre blade wipe good, but the left blade on the drivers side (LHD) misses a small area where the screen is curved

The conventional ones I removed didn't leave any of the screen un-wiped.. so won't fit that type in future.
Me too - and I won't buy the same type again either.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i bought my last blades in maroc about a quid a pair .from marjane supermarket.
chinese . thought at that price give them a go. that was five years ago. last winter i fitted the second pair i had bought .
best blades i have ever had . never stick on the screen even in very hot sun.
could have been a bit stronger on the fixing as i once had to squeeze the mount on the arm. but great bit of kit. still have another set here now .
yellow /grey packet on the back marked importe par marjane holdings .
those going to maroc this year might be able to try some .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
In your case I agree, just seen where you are and yes must be like having sand paper on your screen... :(
Incidentally, is your screen scratched much..?
No I'm careful withboth car & M/H to make sure screen isn't scratched. We did have a VW LT van we used for work that had an absolutely horrendous
windscreen .
Driving in to late afternoon sun you could not find an unmarked spot on the screen yet it wasn't noticeable at any other times or however you looked at it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back