Sealing The Water Pipe Connection (1 Viewer)

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Just noticed that our fresh water pipe drips where the pipe is fixed onto the back of the filler with a jubilee clip. The other end where it meets the tank seems OK. It is clear pipe with a spiral running down the outside (I guess for reinforcement). My thought is to undo the clip and pull the pipe off, put some silicon sealer around it and then clamp it back up. Anybody got any different / better ideas?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
That should work if it is just the joint leaking but make sure that the spiral hasn't worn a hole in it first as that happened on our previous van. If it has and the pipe is long enough you may be able to shorten it and refit but otherwise a new piece of pipe is the solution. It doesn't cost all that much and a local caravan spares dealer should have some.

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Some of the convoluted pipes need a rubber insert to seal properly, also I have had problems with old Jubilee clips, as said would re trim end, clean the fitting and replace with new stainless clip. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Some of the convoluted pipes need a rubber insert to seal properly, also I have had problems with old Jubilee clips, as said would re trim end, clean the fitting and replace with new stainless clip. :)
I think the pipe Poohbear means is like
362a_35.JPG
so has a spiral reinforcement rather than being the convoluted stuff.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back