Better water pump ? What is available ? (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A day spent in the dark depths up and under the various bit of plastic that form our shower unit has now resulted in hot water coming up to the shower head as it should be ..
Some twonk had put a feedback loop on the system .. WAY too hard to explain it but after a year plus of fiddling about she is all perfik now !

However...........................................................

Now we have a proper system that actually works and is even temperature controllable, a new problem has reared its head.
The water pump is plenty good enough for normal sink use ( if you see what I mean ) but as for a shower ! Not enough pressure to get it to actually spray.. it more sort of falls out of all the holes ! ::bigsmile:

The system uses microswitches on the taps, but I could always add a relay in to feed a higher amperage pump if need be
The pump is one that is fitted into the tank as usual but is now 20 years old so proly past its sell by date ..

What sort of pump would you folks recomend ?

pieterv

Free Member
Mar 8, 2009
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
If you want something powerful, I can recommmend Reich Twin pump, 19 l/min, 1.5 bar.

There is one on Ebay Item number: 200325327880.

This is what is fitted to Hymers. They don't have eternal life, as I had to replace mine, but they do give a nice strong flow.

Pieter

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Pieter.. As you say they are not the longest lived jobbies but they do do the job..
I wil lproly settle for a 7L shureflo from Peter's emporium once I have another wee problem sorted out ! ( my central heating Truma unit went kesplat at Newark and I am gonna have to replace that first :Smile: )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I don't know much about the kind of pumps that you will normally find in a caravan shop but if you want a solid piece of engineering look Jabsco Jabsco - ITT

They are not cheap and the will be a bit heavy on batteries but they are made to last. I have used them and worked on them for years.

Doug...

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
i shared this problem when we had an autocruise a few years ago. eventually solved the problem by fitting a small in-line pump in (electrical) parallel with the one in the tank. transformed the shower, and relatively cheap.

des

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I don't know much about the kind of pumps that you will normally find in a caravan shop but if you want a solid piece of engineering look Jabsco Jabsco - ITT

They are not cheap and the will be a bit heavy on batteries but they are made to last. I have used them and worked on them for years.

Doug...

Exactly how much is "not cheap" and who fits them in the UK ?:Eeek:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Well did you check out the ULR I gave you? it will link you to a UK supplier and they will have the prices plus advice as to usage, as to who will fit them, I don't know, I do that kind of work for myself.

Of Course I could come and do the job for you for a consideration:Eeek:

Doug...

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Well did you check out the ULR I gave you? it will link you to a UK supplier and they will have the prices plus advice as to usage, as to who will fit them, I don't know, I do that kind of work for myself.

Of Course I could come and do the job for you for a consideration:Eeek:

Doug...

Yes I did , but it was all Greek to me !!!..that's why I asked, a ball park figure was all I needed. :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Doug...

Jabsco are gold plated as regards price,I had them on my boat, think I bought a new one about five years ago and it was £120 THEN

Frankly the Fiamma pump is a straight replacement at a lot less cost and I am replacing the other Jabsco with a Fiamma (got two water pumps in my system)

They are available in both 12v and 24v versions.

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back