LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
ok Ive the motorhome (an 05 scout ) theres stuff I cant work out, I got the rev camara working and the dvd playing but cant seem to get the freeview thing going, it says bad or no signal, does the ariel have to be lifted or turned?

how many remotes should there be, I have the humas one and a smaller one that I think controls the dvd and or small screen but it dosnt seem to work ( i'll try the batyery tomorrow

any hints tips on how to get all this working would help,

can the dvd player and or freview signel be sent to the rear ariel socket of does that only conect to the pass through signel on the freeview box

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
What aerial is on the roof, if it's the fllying saucer type. They are prety much useless. In the lock where the freeview box is there is a switch to power up the aerial amp. I use a clamp on aerial or a sat dish. I gave up long ago with the flying saucer.

Andy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you have a 'flying saucer' type aerial on the roof then thats the problem.

total waste of space unless you're very close to a transmitter.

you may get an analogue signal but the digital signal has to be good/strong to be of any use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
ok Ive the motorhome (an 05 scout ) theres stuff I cant work out, I got the rev camara working and the dvd playing but cant seem to get the freeview thing going, it says bad or no signal, does the ariel have to be lifted or turned?

how many remotes should there be, I have the humas one and a smaller one that I think controls the dvd and or small screen but it dosnt seem to work ( i'll try the batyery tomorrow

any hints tips on how to get all this working would help,

can the dvd player and or freview signel be sent to the rear ariel socket of does that only conect to the pass through signel on the freeview box

Bad or no signal means just that you will need to raise the ariel and turn in the right diretion (see where house ariels are pointing)

You should have a small one which is for your dvd the larger one will be for your digibox.

You should be able to watch dvd and freeview from the rear aerial socket to tv

regards

Is this your aerial Link Removed ?

Last edited by a moderator:

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
Hi Sebthegekco

You have to raise the ariel and point it to the local transmitter, i had the same problem so i was playing around with the remote control then up popped the menu settings were you can check your signal strength also on the remote is a function where you can reset it to the origional factory settings an reload all available channels i did this and got loads more channels.
Sorry i can't remember which buttons i pressed so get pressing you should find them (still learning myself):Eeek:
Good luck
Billy

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Bad or no signal means just that you will need to raise the ariel and turn in the right diretion (see where house ariels are pointing)

You should have a small one which is for your dvd the larger one will be for your digibox.

You should be able to watch dvd and freeview from the rear aerial socket to tv

regards

Is this your aerial Link Removed ?

yep thats the one

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi Sebthegekco

You have to raise the ariel and point it to the local transmitter, i had the same problem so i was playing around with the remote control then up popped the menu settings were you can check your signal strength also on the remote is a function where you can reset it to the origional factory settings an reload all available channels i did this and got loads more channels.
Sorry i can't remember which buttons i pressed so get pressing you should find them (still learning myself):Eeek:
Good luck
Billy

raise the ariel? is that what the handel thing on the bottom is?, it seems to move a little but is jambed by the shelfe I try again tomorrow

thanks

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
so is there an input somewhere to plug in a feed from a sites boosted single?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
raise the ariel? is that what the handel thing on the bottom is?, it seems to move a little but is jambed by the shelfe I try again tomorrow

thanks

not sure how the aerial is raised but the little crank handle is to move the aerial from the horizontal plane to vertical plane.
if the aerial is in the down position then the handle wont turn far as the aerial will be in the horizontal plane ie: flat and will hit the roof as it turns.

the shaft may have a locking ring or something then push it up but others will know better than me.......im only guessing as to how to raising it.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User

thanks

As paapajohn say the little winder at the bottom is for the tilt of the aerial, in order to raise the aerial there is a plastic locking near the roof which needs to be loosened, you can then raise/turn it to pick up signals.You should see on the bottom of the pole a red dot when lowered and locked in position this dot should face forward, this ensures that the aerial is facing forward and not overhanging the side of the van. You should have a signal amplifier either where your aerial is, mine is where the psu is and digibox.

None of the equipment will work unless you switch the power on (control pannel above the rear door) you should get a red light on your tv booster which has two amp settings.

You need to be on open ground to get a reasonable signal, if your on a steet between houses then you will be lucky to get a picture.

Regards

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Ok thanks to both for that I’m beginning to see how it all works now, power on, amp on, up aerial (lock ring), trim aerial (handle), big remote for humas freeveiw? and small one for monitor/dvd? (I think my batteries flat in this one)

the two rocker switches in that locker below the amp on the panel, one nearest the front is for the humas box? , the rear one is the monitor?

the 3 way rotary switch position 1 dvd? I had this working, poss 2 is that TV?, what’s the 3rd position for??

I’m assuming the reversing camera is on override for any position?

finally looking at the aerial amp, it looks like the feed to the rear aerial socket is a loop through, if that’s what it is any second TV will need to have its own freeveiw tuner and dvd source? is that correct or have I got it wrong

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
so is there an input somewhere to plug in a feed from a sites boosted single?

On mine their is a big nut at the top of the stem inside the motorhome loosen that then push the ariel up then retighten then turn the littile handle.

have to go to work now see ya tonight

billy

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
On mine their is a big nut at the top of the stem inside the motorhome loosen that then push the ariel up then retighten then turn the littile handle.

have to go to work now see ya tonight

billy

yep found it and the trimer, so I have to move it away from the house to-night to see if it works

of to work, me too,

EDIT just noticed the crome pull out bits, do they need to be out?

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Ok thanks to both for that I’m beginning to see how it all works now, power on, amp on, up aerial (lock ring), trim aerial (handle), big remote for humas freeveiw? and small one for monitor/dvd? (I think my batteries flat in this one)

the two rocker switches in that locker below the amp on the panel, one nearest the front is for the humas box? , the rear one is the monitor?

the 3 way rotary switch position 1 dvd? I had this working, poss 2 is that TV?, what’s the 3rd position for??

I’m assuming the reversing camera is on override for any position?

finally looking at the aerial amp, it looks like the feed to the rear aerial socket is a loop through, if that’s what it is any second TV will need to have its own freeveiw tuner and dvd source? is that correct or have I got it wrong

I think the third switch position is for AV imput not sure.

When reverse is selected your monitor is automatically switched to the reverse camera.

Your system is linked to the rear aerial so you will be able to see freeview/dvd, all you need is a standalone tv.

The two chrome bits on your aerial are telescopic pullouts for radio, personally i leave these in the (in position) and find i can still pickup radio.

Finally if your freeview box is in an upper locker like mine and the door is closed, your infrared remote will appear not to work (remember to point the remote towards the freeview box and not the screen like i did when i first aquired the motorhome:Doh:)

Regards

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
I think the third switch position is for AV imput not sure.

When reverse is selected your monitor is automatically switched to the reverse camera.

Your system is linked to the rear aerial so you will be able to see freeview/dvd, all you need is a standalone tv.

The two chrome bits on your aerial are telescopic pullouts for radio, personally i leave these in the (in position) and find i can still pickup radio.

Finally if your freeview box is in an upper locker like mine and the door is closed, your infrared remote will appear not to work (remember to point the remote towards the freeview box and not the screen like i did when i first aquired the motorhome:Doh:)

Regards

so if the second aerail socket is a copy of the front one, how do you tune it in? tdo you tune it to the freeviewbox or am I missing something, does the co-axe carry gboth pics and sound?

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Hell's bells & buggeration..!!!!

I too have an Auto-Trail Scout... So when you have finally finished all this techno stuff you are left with a TV screen slightly bigger than post card size !!!!! and you have to sit at the table with binoculars to view it !! So, all I did was get my bum down to Comet and bought Digital Flat Screen TV and plugged it into the shelf etc. in the rear lounge....Job done and currently watching the snooker down here in Exeter in the CC site...:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
digi box

After you get a picture on the built in tv/reversing camera. to get a picture on the tv at the back i think you have to tune it in to channel 21 and then you should get all the digital programmes from the humax digi box alan

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
so if the second aerail socket is a copy of the front one, how do you tune it in? tdo you tune it to the freeviewbox or am I missing something, does the co-axe carry gboth pics and sound?

Digibox remote works the rear TV.(15" flatscreen from Asda)
Link Removed

Note tv out

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Digibox remote works the rear TV.(15" flatscreen from Asda)
Link Removed

Note tv out

thanks for that , so to confirm the DVD in the dash WILL play at the same time on the small built in sceen and on a screen in the rear?

the sound will come form the van speakers and the tv (tv and rear van =surround sound with out the effects)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back